1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Textbook - Halliday/Resnick/Krane vs Sears & Zemansky's

1. Oct 12, 2014 #1
    After researching through introductory physics textbooks, I've narrowed it down to the choices given in the title. Can someone tell me the highlights of both? I've looked through some of the threads in these forums, and both of them seem equally well regarded.

I'm looking for a through, calculus based text for self-study. As for prerequisites, I shall be coming to this after finishing Spivak's Calculus. I should prefer a more "fun" conversational text, over a dry one - while still being through. A bit of history of physics would be nice too. Sort of like how I prefer Spivak over Apostol.

Also, I shall be picking up The Feynman Lectures on Physics to read along with it.

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2014 #2
    Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Oct 17, 2014 #3
    Hey! Thanks for running this forum. Not to worry.

If anyone is interested, I've gone with Sears and Zemansky's University Physics, which seems to be more my learning style.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted