• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Physics Textbook - Halliday/Resnick/Krane vs Sears & Zemansky's

• Thread starter Feryn
  • Start date
After researching through introductory physics textbooks, I've narrowed it down to the choices given in the title. Can someone tell me the highlights of both? I've looked through some of the threads in these forums, and both of them seem equally well regarded.

I'm looking for a through, calculus based text for self-study. As for prerequisites, I shall be coming to this after finishing Spivak's Calculus. I should prefer a more "fun" conversational text, over a dry one - while still being through. A bit of history of physics would be nice too. Sort of like how I prefer Spivak over Apostol.

Also, I shall be picking up The Feynman Lectures on Physics to read along with it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Hey! Thanks for running this forum. Not to worry.

If anyone is interested, I've gone with Sears and Zemansky's University Physics, which seems to be more my learning style.