Physics textbook with lots of medicine-related examples

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Mahavir
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone,

So, I'm about to start a medical degree and one of the core courses involves Physics with a very heavy focus on medicine-related coursework. There isn't a core textbook as of yet but I'm trying to find a textbook that is primarily focused on the basics of Physics (mostly, Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism) but that has a lot of examples from medicine (e.g. Biomechanics, etc...)

I know this seems a bit of a left-field question but I'm crossing my fingers someone may have an idea.

I've tried Kane & Sternheim's Physics but there aren't many examples in there with a focus on medicine.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you looked at Benedek and Villars?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and Mahavir
Vanadium 50 said:
Have you looked at Benedek and Villars?

Wow, thank you so much! I'll try and borrow it from my local medical school library and revert with some feedback but so far it looks very promising indeed. Thank you again.
 
One of the classes I taught is a General Physics course for Life Sciences and Pre-Med students. The course is designed to emphasize a lot of applications relevant to those students. We use "College Physics" by Giambattista, Richardson, Richardson. The book focuses on a lot of applications in Medicine, biomedicine, biology, and chemistry. In the Problems section, they even reprinted MCAT review questions that are relevant to a particular chapter or topic.

Zz.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and Mahavir
ZapperZ said:
One of the classes I taught is a General Physics course for Life Sciences and Pre-Med students. The course is designed to emphasize a lot of applications relevant to those students. We use "College Physics" by Giambattista, Richardson, Richardson. The book focuses on a lot of applications in Medicine, biomedicine, biology, and chemistry. In the Problems section, they even reprinted MCAT review questions that are relevant to a particular chapter or topic.

Zz.

Oh, fabulous! I'll have a look at this resource as well. Thank you so much!