PhysicsForums t-shirts

• Thread starter Topher925
  • Start date
You could restrict sales to lactating women... :uhh:
Better provide nursing access then... Just 'cause that's the stage me and the new baby will probably be at when (or soon after) these get printed. Then BogG can also get one for his "wingman." I think she's due before I am though... so y'all better hurry up...

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
If a girl wears a t-shirt, it has to have the ripples between the boobs, otherwise do not wear.

Danger
Gold Member
that's the stage me and the new baby will probably be at when (or soon after) these get printed.
I'm looking forward to an entry in the 'Member Photo' section. :tongue2:
Sorry; it's just a personal kink...

OK Greg, you have had four months. Where's our shirts/hoodies?

I definately prefer black...but wha's more important is the cut. I really want a shirt that is tailored for women. I love simple cotton shirts, but so many are tailored for men!
http://www.cafepress.com

Here you can make your own online store that sells t-shirts, coffee mugs, mouse pads, ect with your artwork on them. I remember wanting to start one of my own way back when. I am fairly certain that you can make any of your designs come in both mens and womens styles.

Edit: And since the shirts are made on a per order basis (I think) Greg could even make up a limited time PF Sisterhood design without having to order seperate shirts to be printed up.

Unfortunately though unless plenty of shirts sell or Greg makes the price particularly high he wont be making much money off of them.

http://www.cafepress.com
Unfortunately though unless plenty of shirts sell or Greg makes the price particularly high he wont be making much money off of them.
Not necessarily,

lower prices may translate into more sales- --> more street presence --> more members --> more subscriptions --> world domination

Not necessarily,

lower prices may translate into more sales- --> more street presence --> more members --> more subscriptions --> world domination
I like were you're going with this.

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
You don't have a lot of choice with cafepress. The basic cost of the shirt+printing is $20 you can add any markup you like on top of this but you can't go cheaper unless you want to a bulk order, but then you have to handle the distribution.

An alternative if you can think of some funny slogans, rather than just a PF logo is thinkgeek. They might be prepared to make a run of "funny slogan + PF logo" and are generaly cheaper and more widely known than cafepress.

If you do make a t-shirt I think it should be chosen from a contest, with no limit on number of submissions. That will surely produce a more favorable design than whatever one individual person comes up with.

I've ordered shirts from thinkgeek a couple times. Not only are they cheaper but their shirts are higher quality as well. But do they print their own shirts or do they buy them from a print shop?

Who wants to start the t-shirt contest?

An alternative if you can think of some funny slogans, rather than just a PF logo is thinkgeek. They might be prepared to make a run of "funny slogan + PF logo" and are generaly cheaper and more widely known than cafepress.
I heart the thinkgeek t-shirt slogans.

Not necessarily,

I did say "unless plenty of shirts sell"

You don't have a lot of choice with cafepress. The basic cost of the shirt+printing is $20 you can add any markup you like on top of this but you can't go cheaper unless you want to a bulk order, but then you have to handle the distribution.

I could see thinkgeek possibly having a relationship with PF. Of course I have no idea what the guys who run it are like so who knows.

I didn't realize shirts at CafePress were so expensive. :-/

Where's my t-shirt? I'm going to keep bring this thread up every year or so until I get one.

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I could see thinkgeek possibly having a relationship with PF.
They rely on selling a few (probably <100) of each shirt printing so can be cheaper

I didn't realize shirts at CafePress were so expensive. :-/
Cafepress are about the same as the T-shirt printing place in your local mall they pretty much do one-off on-demand and so are expensive.
If you have a logo as an image file the shop in the mall will do you a shirt for about the same price, or you can get T-shirt transfer paper at Staples for 50c/sheet and try it yourself.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'd like to see some ideas for designs, just for fun...anyone care to try their art skills?

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I live right around the corner from Tees+Plus, a really good T-shirt (etc) printer. They did a great job producing our robotics team shirt this year. Since I was able to go there in person, several issues could be taken care of immediately. 72 shirt came to $5.70 each.

Let me know If I can assist in this thread.

Dembadon
Gold Member
I'd like to see some ideas for designs, just for fun...anyone care to try their art skills?
I nominate Zoob, if he's willing. :approve:

Here is a little something I whipped up. I hope you like:

physicsforums.jpg

:tongue2:

berkeman
Mentor
Evo
Mentor

physicsforums.jpg

I nominate Zoob, if he's willing. :approve:
I'll take one by Zoob abnd onbe of MotoH's, but it should say "hot guys".

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

physicsforums.jpg

That's great :biggrin:!

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'll take one by Zoob abnd onbe of MotoH's, but it should say "hot guys".
How about "hot nerds"? Or "hot geeks"? "Hot nerdy geeks"?

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm sure zoobyshoe could do something really neat with just this:
[PLAIN]https://www.physicsforums.com/Prime/theme/Prime_Logo.gif [Broken]

I'll take two.

Last edited by a moderator:
berkeman
Mentor
It needs Zz's avatar next to it or bracketing it somehow...

[PLAIN]https://www.physicsforums.com/Prime/theme/Prime_Logo.gif [Broken]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: