Carbon Nano Tube Pipeline to Space: A Revolutionary Idea

In summary, a carbon nano tube pipeline from the Equator to geo. orbit could pump massive amounts of H2 and O2 to space to be stored as rocket fuel. The pipeline would only have to be 1/4 inch diameter. However, the cost and different environment the pipeline would have to go through would make it very expensive and impractical.
That's the second time you have gone about this line of reasoning and I guess it will be a second time telling you that those calculations are incomplete to say the least. The only thing those calculations are doing is accounting for gravity. Try looking into frictional and compressibility effects.

Someone please close this thread.

Physics news on Phys.org
Someone please close this thread.

I second that.

Cheers...

"Try looking into frictional and compressibility effects."

I'll look at these factors later but for now I can see for sure these pumps could also overcome these losses.

The pumps are even smaller and are part of the structure and the mass is still a million times less than the skyhook

What is going to power these pumps?

Perhaps,microwaves??

If you had a lot of pumps a RF wave guide would probably be the way to go to power them.

Why come to the surface harvest the atmosphere then pump to low Earth orbit, geo orbit is a anchor point. They will not get hydrogen oxygen is 1/2 of the fuel. Make a high thrust orbital tug gets its oxygen from are gas station hydrogen would come the old way. This tug would come down to suborbital levels dock with a suborbital craft boost to low orbit . Then transfer to proper orbit or a ion tug.We would not have to wait till cabin nano tubes can reach earth. Any one know how strong they are now, how far they can reach, is there any oxygen there how thick.

Welcome to PF. This thread is far too old to be resurrected.