Pirates Kill Americans, Are Captured.

Here's an idea - it's for a reality show called "Ram the Pirates". We can dig some old ice breakers out of the moth balls, let some grafitti artists spray some offensive (to pirates) graphics on the sides and train some crews to compete. The challenge would be to ram and sink as many pirate crews as possible. If MTV picked it up - there could be a spin-off ..."Spring Break (off) Somalia" - and shot entirely on-board.

The problem is that US policy is that this is a law enforcement issue. You have to collect evidence, capture the pirates, fly them back to the US, give them a lawyer, and let the the courts see if they can increase the number of pirates convicted in the last century from 5 to 6. You can't just sink them.
Vanadium, you are incorrect. All owners of all vessels have the right to repel unauthorized/illegal borders, by force, if necessary.

Back at home, in more than half the U.S. States, it's referred to the "Castle Law." Bottom line: All of us, whether in our home, apartment, or sailboat, should, can, and will be free from unauthorized actions contrary to the normal course of events.

That's the nice of saying what's reflected in most state laws such that those who illegally bust down a door are likely to wind up dead for having illegally violated a home.

If you want to make it legal, get a warrent.

Last edited:
Back at home, in more than half the U.S. States, it's referred to the "Castle Law." Bottom line: All of us, whether in our home, apartment, or sailboat, should, can, and will be free from unauthorized actions contrary to the normal course of events.

That's the nice of saying what's reflected in most state laws such that those who illegally bust down a door are likely to wind up dead for having illegally violated a home.
This is where the UK falls down, badly. I can legally eject a person from my property using appropriate force as necessary. However, any damage or injuries they sustain from me doing so, I am liable for. This is complete BS as far as I'm concerned.

As a nation we're more interested in the welfare of criminals and non-citizens than we are of the law law abiding citizens and persons in the country.

We need to readjust our attitude - perhaps start with the pirates and blow them out of the water...

Oh wait, we've just made some serious cut backs and couldn't defend our country let alone against pirates - Go UK government!!! :grumpy:

This is where the UK falls down, badly. I can legally eject a person from my property using appropriate force as necessary. However, any damage or injuries they sustain from me doing so, I am liable for. This is complete BS as far as I'm concerned.

As a nation we're more interested in the welfare of criminals and non-citizens than we are of the law law abiding citizens and persons in the country.

We need to readjust our attitude - perhaps start with the pirates and blow them out of the water...

Oh wait, we've just made some serious cut backs and couldn't defend our country let alone against pirates - Go UK government!!! :grumpy:
Wow.. that's absolutely absurd.

@WhoWee: I like that!... Very George Carlin, but with a genuinely practical side.

Wow.. that's absolutely absurd.
There are two debates currently on the table:

1. Prisoners get to vote - European court says it violates their human rights to stop them, for once the UK stood up and said "tough sh*t".

2. Prisoners are trying to bring a lawsuit to allow them to collect their state pensions and other such things whilst in prison - all while living "at her majesty's pleasure" none-the-less!

I want pirates blown out of the water and the UK to have at least one aircraft carrier - in the words of Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa - "wish in one hand, sh*t in the other, see which one fills up first". The UK have this illusion we're still a super power, we need to face reality.

Get us some battleships and show these pirates we mean business!