Please control my math homework (It's done)

In summary: If you simplify this a bit more, you get: \frac{x}{\sqrt{x}(x^2-1)} = \frac{x \cdot x^{-1/2}}{x^2-1} = \frac{\sqrt{x}}{x^2-1} = \frac{1}{x^2} = 1.
Peter159
Just wanted to control if i made my math homework correctly. Just one exercise. Made it on paper and scanned into computer. The task was to simplify.

Here it is: http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6669/mathexecisewq0.jpg

Please check it before 5th Januar, because i have to show it to my teacher on monday next week.

Thank you very very much!
P.S sorry for my bad english

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Peter159 said:
Just wanted to control if i made my math homework correctly. Just one exercise. Made it on paper and scanned into computer. The task was to simplify.

Here it is: http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6669/mathexecisewq0.jpg

Please check it before 5th Januar, because i have to show it to my teacher on monday next week.

Thank you very very much!
P.S sorry for my bad english

At V)
in the denominator:
2.sqrt(x).(x+1).(1-x) = ?
Should check your work there...

Other than that, looks good :biggrin:!

You should always post your math related questions to the other forum - Pre calculus one.

P.S.:
Just wanted to control if i made my math homework correctly.
should be
Just wanted to "check" if i "did" my math homework correctly.
:smile:

rootX said:
At V)
in the denominator:
2.sqrt(x).(x+1).(1-x) = ?
Should check your work there...

Hmmm... i don't see where is the problem. Seems correct to me :rolleyes: :blushing:
Can you please tell what is wrong there?

[itex](x+1)(1-x) = x - x^2 + 1 - x = 1-x^2[/itex] ?

Last edited:
snits said:
[itex](x+1)(1-x) = x - x^2 + 1 - x = 1-x^2[/itex] ?

Such a childish mistake from me :blushing:

Well, thank you very much for your help rootX and snits !

I fixed that mistake, so i put just in case that exercise again, so that you could check it once more, if i made any stupid mistake again somewhere.

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/6381/finalop7.jpg

Thank you!

Since the task is to simplify you could probably simplify the final expression a bit more:

[itex]\frac{x}{\sqrt{x}(x^2-1)} = \frac{x \cdot x^{-1/2}}{x^2-1} = \frac{\sqrt{x}}{x^2-1}[/itex]

1. How can I trust that my math homework has been done correctly?

When you ask someone to control your math homework, you are essentially asking for them to check your work and make sure it is correct. Therefore, it is important to choose someone you trust and who has a strong understanding of the subject matter. You can also ask for their credentials or previous experience in math to reassure yourself.

2. Can I request specific corrections to be made on my math homework?

Yes, you can definitely request specific corrections to be made on your math homework. It is important to communicate clearly and provide specific instructions on what you need help with. The person controlling your homework should be able to address your concerns and make the necessary corrections.

3. Will my math homework be completed within a certain timeframe?

The timeframe for completing your math homework will depend on the individual you have asked to control it. It is important to discuss this beforehand and come to an agreement on when you need your homework to be completed. It is also important to consider the complexity of the assignment and give enough time for it to be done accurately.

4. Are there any additional fees for having my math homework controlled?

This will vary depending on the individual you have asked to control your math homework. Some people may charge a fee for their time and services, while others may do it for free. It is important to discuss this beforehand and come to an agreement on any potential fees.

5. Will my math homework be kept confidential?

Yes, your math homework will be kept confidential. The person controlling your homework should respect your privacy and not share any information with others. It is also important to communicate any concerns you may have about confidentiality beforehand.