Find and Buy Antenna Coils for Your Electronics Projects

In summary, the conversation was about finding and purchasing components for electronics projects, specifically antenna coils. The person was struggling to find these coils in a shop and was looking for alternative options. They were directed to a website that sells these components and given tips on how to filter their search. Some suggestions were also provided for creating custom coils. The conversation ended with a recommendation to visit an online forum for more information and resources on building radios from scratch.
michael1978
please can somebody help, how to find in electronics shop online
those components and to buy, is here juse one to make for all, i need juse one, which i can use for all projetcs
L1 antenna coil: 470uH with 1 turn wrapped = 2
L2 antenna coil: 470uH primary, 23uH secondary = 2
L3 antenna coil: 600uH to 680uH primary, to to 20 turn secondary = 2
L4 antenna coil: 330uH primary 10 to 20 turns for secondary = 2
L5 antenna coil: 600uH to 680uH with tap or secondary winding = 2

i don't know how to find self and to buy, can somebody teach me how to select

because i am reading on book, make your own radio transistor
i was in one shop here, i whait 3 months he can't find me, because he say is very difficult to find and, they don't use anymore, but book is from 2013 is not old thnx

Engineering news on Phys.org
https://www.mouser.com/bourns/
On that page, look in "View Products by Category" and click on "Magnetics".

Those products were originally by JWMILLER, a long=time, well-known supplier for coils and inductors. Bourns bought JWMILLER a while ago and sells under the Bourns name now. Bourns is a long-time, well-known supplier of variable rsistors (potentiometers).

Tom.G said:
https://www.mouser.com/bourns/
On that page, look in "View Products by Category" and click on "Magnetics".

Those products were originally by JWMILLER, a long=time, well-known supplier for coils and inductors. Bourns bought JWMILLER a while ago and sells under the Bourns name now. Bourns is a long-time, well-known supplier of variable rsistors (potentiometers).
i find this page, https://www.mouser.co.uk/_/N-5gb4?P=1z0zlsd where to select now, and i don't see secondary

michael1978 said:
i find this page, https://www.mouser.co.uk/_/N-5gb4?P=1z0zlsd where to select now, and i don't see secondary

Under "Product" click "RF Inductors"
Under "Termination Style" click "Axial", then hold the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard while you click "Radial"
Under "Inductance" click on the value you want. You can select more than one value at a time if you hold the "Ctrl" key while clicking the values.
Click "Apply Filters"
Scroll down the page to pick the ones you.want.

Mostly, for the information you supplied, "Secondary" means you wrap that many turns of small wire around the coil.

Also try this site, they make custom coils. http://www.coilws.com/
And this one: https://www.coilcraft.com/pcv2.cfm

You might be better off finding a different project to start with. These things are very hard to find these days unless you want to buy from China or India. You may have to find an old junk transistor radio to take the parts out of.

Maybe someone else here has some good ideas for finding, or even making, them.

Part of the fun of making your own radio is building your own coils. Don't deny yourself the pleasure! Get some magnet wire and wind them. There are online calculators that will tell you how many turns you need.

What frequency band are you receiving?

Likes davenn
the_emi_guy said:
Part of the fun of making your own radio is building your own coils. Don't deny yourself the pleasure! Get some magnet wire and wind them. There are online calculators that will tell you how many turns you need.

o i don't know is TRF tuner, can you help me please to make one Ferrite-bar/rod antenna coils

the_emi_guy said:

they are for am receiver

You may wish to visit The Radioboard's antenna forum which has several threads related to ferrite antennas.

Building radios from scratch was more common in the past. You may find downloadable PDFs contained within this bookshelf at the American Radio History site of interest. "Making A Transistor Radio", for example, shows how to build a simple ferrite antenna.

Related to Find and Buy Antenna Coils for Your Electronics Projects

What is an antenna coil?

An antenna coil is a type of electrical coil that is designed to receive and transmit radio signals. It is an essential component of many types of electronic devices, including radios, televisions, and wireless communication systems.

Why do I need to buy an antenna coil?

If you are experiencing poor reception or weak signal strength on your electronic device, it may be due to a faulty or damaged antenna coil. Replacing the antenna coil can help improve the performance of your device and allow you to receive a better signal.

How do I know which antenna coil to buy?

The type of antenna coil you need will depend on the specific device you are trying to repair or enhance. It is important to research the make and model of your device to determine the correct antenna coil to purchase. You can also consult with a professional or refer to the manufacturer's specifications for guidance.

Where can I buy an antenna coil?

Antenna coils can be purchased at most electronics stores or online retailers. You may also be able to find them at specialized antenna or radio supply stores. It is important to purchase from a reputable source to ensure the quality and compatibility of the antenna coil.

Can I install the antenna coil myself?

Installing an antenna coil can be a complex process and may require specialized tools and knowledge. It is recommended to seek the assistance of a professional if you are not experienced in working with electronic components. Improper installation can damage your device or result in poor performance.