Power distribution standard and safety measures help please

In summary, the question asked is about an international standard or name that explains safety and standard procedures for distributing power in breakers and panels from transformers. The conversation also mentions that when distributing loads on branches, the power supplied should be at least 20% more than the needed power for safety reasons, and the remaining power in the transformer should be at least 20% of its maximum capacity. The person is asking for guidance on the exact standards to present to their contractor. The response advises consulting an engineer or the local regulatory body for information on the specific laws and regulations in their country.
ibrahim4941
good day everyone,

I wonder if anyone can direct me please on the international standard number or name that explain the safety and standard procedures in better distribution of power in breakers and panels from transformers.

in short, as I learned in my school and as best practice that when distributing loads on branches the following must be taken into account:

1- the power supplied in each branch must be at least 20% more than the needed power required by equipment linked to this branch for safety reasons.

2- the power amount remaining in any MV-to-LV transformer after connections must be at least 20% of the total transformer maximum capacity.

I would really appreciate it if anyone can direct me to the exact standards that explain or mention this because I need to present it to our contractor who is building our facility.

best regards,
ibrahim

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF;
Your question is actually about law rather than science.
An Engineer registered in your country will know the appropriate law: you are best advised to consult one.

I'm afraid that the health and safety regulations are different for different countries and can even vary between different parts of the same country. Your local regulatory body will have a manual of the regulations for you to consult and you may even find one in a library.
Good luck.

What is power distribution standard?

Power distribution standard is a set of guidelines and regulations that define the safe and efficient distribution of electrical power in a building or facility. It includes specifications for the design, installation, and maintenance of power distribution systems.

Why is power distribution standard important?

Power distribution standard is important because it ensures the safety of people and property by preventing electrical hazards. It also helps to maintain a reliable and efficient flow of electricity to meet the demands of various electrical equipment and appliances.

What are some common power distribution safety measures?

Some common power distribution safety measures include proper grounding and bonding of electrical systems, installation of circuit breakers and fuses, use of protective equipment such as gloves and goggles, and regular maintenance and inspection of electrical components.

How can power distribution systems be made more efficient?

Power distribution systems can be made more efficient by using energy-efficient equipment and technologies, implementing power factor correction, and conducting regular energy audits to identify areas for improvement.

What should I do if I encounter a power distribution issue or emergency?

If you encounter a power distribution issue or emergency, it is important to stay calm and immediately shut off the power supply. You should then contact a qualified electrician or emergency services for assistance. Do not attempt to fix the issue yourself unless you are trained and equipped to do so.