Preparing for Resit Exams: Helpful Resources and Tips

In summary, the speaker has flunked all their math courses and now has 4 resit exams in August for Introduction to Analysis, Sets and Algebraic structures, Linear Algebra, and Advanced Calc. They are seeking recommendations for useful websites and books to help them self-study these topics. Some suggestions include Khan Academy, textbooks such as "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by James Stewart, and online forums for asking questions and interacting with other students.
pbxed
Hi,

By leaving everything to the last minute I managed to flunk all my math courses this year. As such I now have 4 resit exams in August to prepare for. The courses are

Introduction to Analysis
Sets and Algebraic structures
Linear Algebra
Advanced Calc (goes up to about Calc II level and has some intro stuff on 1st/2nd order ODEs)

The reason I'm posting here is that I will be trying to self-study these topics and I was hoping some kind souls could point me in the direction of useful websites/books or any common pitfalls when trying to learn these subjects.

<< paragraph deleted by Mentors >>
If this isn't the right forum then sorry mods and could you move it please.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
in advanceThere are a few good resources you can use to help you prepare for your resit exams. One of the best is Khan Academy, which offers free online courses on all the topics you mentioned. You can even track your progress and get personalized feedback from their tutors. Additionally, there are various textbooks available for each subject that can provide a more comprehensive overview. For example, the textbook "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by James Stewart is widely regarded as one of the best textbooks for Calculus. Finally, there are plenty of online forums where you can ask questions and interact with other students who are studying the same topics. Good luck with your preparation!

Related to Preparing for Resit Exams: Helpful Resources and Tips

1. What are resit exams in the summer?

Resit exams in the summer are a second chance for students to retake an exam that they did not pass during the regular academic year. These exams are typically held during the summer months and allow students to improve their grades or fulfill graduation requirements.

2. Who is eligible to take resit exams in the summer?

Students who did not pass an exam during the regular academic year are typically eligible to take resit exams in the summer. However, eligibility may vary depending on the specific policies of the educational institution. It is best to check with your school or advisor to determine your eligibility.

3. How do I register for resit exams in the summer?

The registration process for resit exams in the summer may vary depending on the educational institution. In most cases, students will need to inform their school or advisor of their intention to take resit exams and follow any necessary procedures for registration.

4. Are resit exams in the summer the same as regular exams?

Resit exams in the summer are typically similar to regular exams in terms of format and content. However, they may have different dates, times, or locations. It is important to check with your school or advisor for specific details about the resit exam.

5. Can I retake a resit exam if I still don't pass?

This policy may vary depending on the educational institution. Some schools may allow students to retake resit exams if they do not pass, while others may not provide another opportunity. It is best to check with your school or advisor for their specific policies regarding retaking resit exams.