Problem collection for mechanics?

• Classical
  • Thread starter Marvin94
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mechanics
In summary, the student is looking for additional material to help them prepare for a mechanics exam. They suggest looking for material online, in a textbook, or from a professor. They also suggest looking for a book that is more challenging than what they are currently working through.
Marvin94
I have to write my mechanics I exam. Briefly I will have problems based on: kinematics, Newton's law, euler's law. That's it. Do you know some website, online problem collection on this topic? Better if mixed? I just was looking for additional material about that. Thank you in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
Why not be creative and cast problems in your book into everyday situations?

I did this once with a truck rolling down a slight incline and asked whether it was smart to try to stop it from rolling by jumping in front and pushing back.

It was for a lecture on Newtons Third Law F=ma that I gave during a job interview for an instructor ship at the local community college.

I'm sure you can come up with other examples.

Who will be taking this exam? Is this a homework assignment from your teacher? Or are you the teacher?

Sorry, maybe I was not clear. I'm the student, I just have to do this exam of Mechanics I. Since I saw, that the professor in the past years gave always different types of problems, I was searching here for additional material to practice with these stuff..

Thank you very much!

If this isn't an honours course, and you want to stump people, Kleppner and Kolenkow's Mechanics book is perfect. I'm working through the problems in my own time, where I can spend a decent amount of time on each one, but they still stump me every so often. The first 3 chapters should have what you're looking for. If you don't want to stump them, I'd still suggest picking one maybe for extra credit, just to really challenge their understanding of the concepts (which is what they do best).

1. What is a problem collection for mechanics?

A problem collection for mechanics is a set of problems or exercises designed to test and improve a person's understanding of mechanics, which is the study of motion and forces.

2. What are the benefits of using a problem collection for mechanics?

Using a problem collection for mechanics can help students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as deepen their understanding and application of fundamental concepts in mechanics.

3. How can I use a problem collection for mechanics effectively?

To use a problem collection for mechanics effectively, it is important to first understand the concepts and principles being tested. Then, work through the problems systematically, trying different approaches and techniques until you find the correct solution.

4. Are there any resources available for finding problem collections for mechanics?

Yes, there are many resources available for finding problem collections for mechanics. These include textbooks, online resources, and study guides specifically designed for mechanics.

5. Can a problem collection for mechanics be used for self-study or is it better for group study?

A problem collection for mechanics can be used for both self-study and group study. However, working with others can provide additional perspectives and help in understanding difficult problems.