Proof : Light Speed isn't Constant

In summary: The change in wave density can be explained by the change in the observer's frame of reference. In summary, the conversation discusses an individual's belief that the speed of light is not constant based on their observations of light passing through two mirrors. They also mention the impact of gravity on time and how it may affect the measurement of light speed. However, other participants in the conversation argue that the speed of light is indeed constant and can be explained by changes in the observer's frame of reference.
nakayama
Proof : Light Speed isn't Constant !

Please allow me to show the most conclusive(seems to be) part of my site.

Two stars are on the right and on the left. Facing stars, two mirrors are set at 45 degrees, and reflect star's lights to under. Speed of two reflection lights are same always. Therefore, when two mirrors move together to right or left, wave length(looked from view point of mirror) of two reflection lights may be changed. In other words, wave density(number of waves that stays within certain same length of light course) of reflection light is changed by mirror's motion. But how about incident light ? Wave density does not be changed by mirror's motion ! In short, wave density(number of waves that stays within certain same length from mirror) of reflection light and incident light are not same generally. Constant light speed can't explain above, I think.

See my site also, if you please. I can't receive E mail. I haven't PC.
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Technopolis/2561/eng.html

Science news on Phys.org
nakayama,

No offense, but your english isn't good enough to make your point without a diagram.

In the meantime, you're mistaken. The speed of light is constant!

I think you should have picked a better title name especially with..."Constant light speed can't explain above, I think."

Last edited:
Pengwuino said:
I think you should have picked a better title name especially with..."Constant light speed can't explain above, I think."

pengwuino i know i don't have great grammar either, but "can't explain above ' would only be correct from your perspective. since you read it and post below it. as such she would say below. because her discrition wasnt above the title.

ridicule my grammar as much as youd like

i also utterly agree, measuring the speed of light located of 2 different origins whos time is impacted by gravity. however if you measured a far, outside of that gravity well. the speed of the light as it resided near that gravity well would be effected by the gravity, and the observer would not. the speed of the light would be dependent on the speed at which time flowed at both locations being measured. if the stars were of utter different mass conent, the rate of time, at both studiable origins would be impacted varyingly. now to explain, as your location is un effected by either gravitational body the light emitted at either location would be adversly effected. this would induce the belief that, light from both sources could if possibly measured, result in different values.

something to note, If due to large gravitational bodys. time varied differently from one of two origins of light. then the amount of time it would take a observer to record 1 light year, located at the test gravity body would not corespond with the amount of time it would take an observer from afar. noting that einstein already proved that time distortion can effect measuring tools like precise clocks.

also note if the speed of light traveling near a gravitational body respectively corresponds with the un affected observers constant. (as measured from afar) this means that light would be required to travel faster on the location of an origin.

thus why in a earlier post i already spoke of this very thing loght speed is both a constant and not. as long as measured on sight you will receive the same constant. as both the rate of time and the speed of light would correspond with the speed flow of time, at the location.

but I am not a scientist so don't take me too seriously

Last edited:
No i mean the fact that he said "Proof" in his title but at the end, he says "I think". Thtas why the title isn't accurate. I am not talking about the 'cant explain above' part.

wrong English better spoke, you you you tell could if I why were.

In special relativity, the speed of light is constant. But if you add gravity, then you have to use general relativity, and according to general relativity the speed of light is a constant only locally.

(P.S.: the above is correct, right pervect or somebody? :smile: )

cefarix said:
In special relativity, the speed of light is constant. But if you add gravity, then you have to use general relativity, and according to general relativity the speed of light is a constant only locally.

(P.S.: the above is correct, right pervect or somebody? :smile: )

Yes, basically in GR there is always a locally "flat" frame (locally Lorentzian frame) at any given point in space time, and in this locally "flat" frame the speed of light is always equal to 'c'.

nakayama said:
But how about incident light ? Wave density does not be changed by mirror's motion !

The wave density of the incident light as seen from the mirror changes also.
The speed of light is still constant.

Related to Proof : Light Speed isn't Constant

1. Is it possible for the speed of light to vary?

Yes, it is possible for the speed of light to vary. While it is accepted that the speed of light is constant in a vacuum, there have been theories and experiments that suggest it may have been different in the early universe or in certain extreme conditions.

2. How do we measure the speed of light?

The speed of light is typically measured using a variety of methods, including the use of lasers and mirrors to measure the time it takes for light to travel a known distance. The most accurate measurement of the speed of light is currently achieved using a technique called "cavity resonance."

3. What evidence suggests that the speed of light may not be constant?

There are several pieces of evidence that suggest the speed of light may not be constant. One example is the observation of distant supernovae, which showed that the expansion of the universe is accelerating. This could indicate that the speed of light was faster in the past. Another example is the phenomenon of gravitational lensing, which suggests that the speed of light may be affected by gravitational forces.

4. How does the idea of a non-constant speed of light challenge our current understanding of physics?

If the speed of light is not constant, it would challenge our current understanding of physics in a fundamental way. The theory of relativity, which is based on the idea of a constant speed of light, would need to be revised. This could potentially impact our understanding of space, time, and the behavior of matter and energy in the universe.

5. What are the implications of a non-constant speed of light?

If the speed of light is not constant, it would have significant implications for our understanding of the universe. It could impact our understanding of the Big Bang theory, the formation of galaxies, and the behavior of objects in extreme conditions, such as black holes. It could also potentially open up new avenues for scientific research and discovery.