1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Pspice schematic

1. Aug 10, 2004 #1
    In my schematic, i have vdc = 10v, a resitor,ground and a capcitor. All 3 are in series except ground. When I run simulation, I get a straight line at 10v instead of a curve from 0 to 10v. I put the voltage probe between resistor and cap btw.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2004 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You're probably doing a bias-point simulation instead of a transient simulation. You might also want to try using a step source instead of VDC source.

- Warren

4. Aug 10, 2004 #3
    i'm pretty sure i'm doing a transient simulation cuz in the sim profile it says so.

Is it necessary to use a step source instead of vdc? On my worksheet that my teach gave me, it shows vdc.

5. Aug 24, 2004 #4
    Dc is okay , but the program may calc the initial bias point which may be the same as your final. ( skip this if you can ) . other wise use a step dc. or a switch . Make sure you time step is small enough so it makes sense . Pspice is almost always correct but the setup is usually the problem. Ray.

6. Aug 24, 2004 #5
    time scale

I think rayjohn may be on to somehting there - make sure your time scale is small enough.

For instance, if your circuit has a time constant of 10us and you simulate it for 10s, the response over the full simulation time will likely look like a steady 10V.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?