How Can I Generate a 2kHz PWM Control with PIC16F84?

• Thread starter Essadaoui_Red
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Control Pwm
In summary, PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) control is a technique used with the PIC16F84 microcontroller to regulate power by varying the width of a pulse signal. The PIC16F84 has two CCP modules with dedicated PWM channels, allowing for two independent PWM outputs. The duty cycle and frequency of the PWM output can be controlled by configuring the CCP module's registers, with a resolution of 10 bits. While PWM control is suitable for many devices, it may not be suitable for all and it is important to consult the device's datasheet.
Essadaoui_Red
hello friends,
how can i generate a PWM control 2 kHz with PIC16F84

Engineering news on Phys.org
The focus of this tutorial is to demonstrate a method of generating a PWM signal using a PIC 16F84. This tutorial will teach you what a PWM signal is and how to write code to generate a PWM signal using a PIC 16F84.

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~kws23/tutorials/PWM/PWM.html

(note: google is your friend. Suggest you learn to use it)

1) What is PWM control and how does it work with PIC16F84?

PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) control is a technique used to regulate the amount of power going to a device by varying the width of a pulse signal. With the PIC16F84 microcontroller, PWM control is achieved by using the CCP (Capture/Compare/PWM) module, which allows for precise control of the pulse width and frequency.

2) How many PWM channels are available on the PIC16F84?

The PIC16F84 has two CCP modules, each with a dedicated PWM channel, allowing for two independent PWM outputs.

3) Can I control the duty cycle and frequency of the PWM output?

Yes, the duty cycle and frequency of the PWM output can be controlled by configuring the CCP module’s registers. The duty cycle can range from 0-100%, and the frequency can be adjusted within a specific range depending on the system clock frequency.

4) What is the resolution of the PWM output on the PIC16F84?

The resolution of the PWM output on the PIC16F84 is 10 bits, allowing for fine adjustments of the duty cycle with a range of 0-1023.

5) Can I use PWM control with any type of device or load?

While PWM control is suitable for many types of devices and loads, it may not be suitable for some sensitive or high-frequency devices. It is important to consult the device’s datasheet to ensure compatibility with PWM control.