Quick Logic Questions Homework: Reduce & Simplify

• Thread starter STEMucator
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Logic
In summary: AB + 0C to just AB.In summary, the conversation is about simplifying logical expressions and drawing gate level circuits. The first part involves reducing a logical expression to four literals and drawing a corresponding circuit, while the second part simplifies another logical expression and checks for accuracy using Karnaugh Maps.
STEMucator
Homework Helper

Homework Statement

1. Reduce the following logical expression to four literals and draw a gate level circuit, which implements the result.

$$AB + BCD + BC + A \bar C$$

2. Simplify the following:

$$(A + \bar B C)(B + C)(B + \bar C)$$

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I would just like to verify I understand.

Here is my working for part 1:

Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 2.16.31 PM.png

For part 2 here's what I came up with:

$$(A + \bar B C)(B + C)(B + \bar C)$$
$$= (A + \bar B C)(B + C \bar C)$$
$$= (A + \bar B C)(B + 0)$$
$$= (A + \bar B C)B$$
$$= AB + \bar B B C$$
$$= AB + 0C$$
$$= AB + C$$

I think that's as simple as it can become.

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
A good way to check your work is to draw the Karnaugh Maps and see if the simplest grouping of terms matches your equation manipulations. Can you show us the corresponding K-Maps for this question? :-)

I have a few more pages before I get to K-Maps today. I actually just started this subject so I don't know much, but I'm working on it.

Zondrina said:
I have a few more pages before I get to K-Maps today. I actually just started this subject so I don't know much, but I'm working on it.

You are going to like K-Maps! :-)

BTW, I got a different answer for part 1) using a K-Map. I'd be interested in seeing what you get using that method when you get to it.

Note for Q2 that 0C = 0

1. What is Quick Logic Questions Homework: Reduce & Simplify?

Quick Logic Questions Homework: Reduce & Simplify is a type of homework assignment that focuses on practicing and improving logical reasoning skills. It typically involves solving a series of logic puzzles and problems that require critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

2. How can Quick Logic Questions Homework help improve my logical reasoning skills?

Quick Logic Questions Homework can help improve your logical reasoning skills by providing practice and exposure to different types of logic puzzles and problems. It can also help improve your critical thinking skills, as you will need to analyze and evaluate different solutions to the problems.

3. Are there any specific strategies or techniques for solving Quick Logic Questions Homework?

There are various strategies and techniques for solving Quick Logic Questions Homework, such as identifying patterns, using deductive reasoning, and breaking down complex problems into smaller, more manageable parts. It is important to also practice regularly and approach each problem with a clear and logical mindset.

4. Is Quick Logic Questions Homework only for students studying science or math?

No, Quick Logic Questions Homework is beneficial for students in all fields of study. Logical reasoning skills are essential in many aspects of life, including problem-solving, decision-making, and critical thinking. Therefore, practicing Quick Logic Questions can benefit individuals in any field or profession.

5. How can I check my answers for Quick Logic Questions Homework?

There are various resources available online that provide answers and explanations for Quick Logic Questions Homework. Additionally, you can also check your answers by working through the problem again or discussing it with a classmate or teacher.