US, Middle East & Politics: A Quiz

In summary, the conversation revolved around a quiz with yes or no questions regarding the US's involvement in the Middle East and its impact on both the US and other nations. The conversation also touched on the current leaders of the US, England, and Australia and their representation of their respective countries. The conversation ends with a humorous reference to a song by Alanis Morrisette.
Adam
Second attempt at that little quiz. Hopefully I have phrased the questions better this time around, since I apparently phrased things incorrectly last time. Please respond with only yes or no answers, and perhaps further notes at the end of your responses if you wish.

1) Have US economic and military activities caused social/economic problems in the Middle East?

2) If your answer to Q1 was yes, is the US administration aware enough of the world around them to be aware that their activities have caused problems in the Middle East? Skip if your answer to Q1 was no.

3) If your answer to Q1 was no, then do a nation's economic and military activities only positively affect other nations?

4) Has any Middle Eastern state ever attacked the USA?

5) Has the USA ever attacked any Middle Eastern state?

6) If your answer to Q4 was yes, then has the USA attacked more Middle Eastern states than Middle Eastern states have attacked the USA?

7) Do you think the USA's military activities in the Middle East will encourage military aggression, regular or irregular, against the USA?

8) If your answer to Q7 was yes, then do you think the USA administration is aware of this possibility/probability?

9) If your answer to Q7 was no, then do you think all people in countries attacked by the USA should simply sit there and take it?

10) Are you a citizen of the USA?

11) Are you a citizen of England?

12) Are you a citizen of Australia?

13) Do you think the current president of the USA (Bush) faithfullly represents the interests of the people of the USA?

14) Do you think the current prime minister of England (Blair) faithfullly represents the interests of the people of England?

15) Do you think the current prime minister of Australia (Howard) faithfullly represents the interests of the people of Australia?

16) Are President Bush and Dick Cheney financially involved with companies profiting from the invasion of Iraq?

17) Are companies which supplied the USA military's invasion of Iraq, and supply the re-stocking of arms afterward, involved in contributing campaign funds to Bush and Cheney?

Physics news on Phys.org
1) Have US economic and military activities caused social/economic problems in the Middle East?

Yeah, thanks for correcting this question. This version is much better. :uhh:

Wow...it's like deja vu, all over again.

But this time, I get 7 'NO's in a row.

... Bueller ... ?

... Bueller ... ?

He's on his day off.

Gokul43201 said:
Wow...it's like deja vu, all over again.

But this time, I get 7 'NO's in a row.
If you actually read that, your 7 "no's" confuse the hell out of me.

Is this really how you answered?:

No

3) If your answer to Q1 was no, then do a nation's economic and military activities only positively affect other nations?
No

4) Has any Middle Eastern state ever attacked the USA?
No

5) Has the USA ever attacked any Middle Eastern state?
No

7) Do you think the USA's military activities in the Middle East will encourage military aggression, regular or irregular, against the USA?
No

9) If your answer to Q7 was no, then do you think all people in countries attacked by the USA should simply sit there and take it?
No

10) Are you a citizen of the USA?
No

Those are the 7 questions you would have answered in a row as "no", do you actually think the answer to all 7 of those questions is no? Especially number 10, how could you possibly say no to that?

wasteofo2 said:
Those are the 7 questions you would have answered in a row as "no"
NO

do you actually think the answer to all 7 of those questions is no?
NO WAY

Especially number 10, how could you possibly say no to that? :

Hmmm...(must I quote Alanis Morisette ?)

Woah, I am 100% lost...

Alanis Morrisette? My god, I'm so confused...

Gokul43201 said:
Hmmm...(must I quote Alanis Morisette ?)
wasteofo2 said:
Woah, I am 100% lost...

Alanis Morrisette? My god, I'm so confused...
:rofl: Well I have to guess...

"You oughtta know..."?

Maybe he wasn't born here...

Actually, I had 'Ironic' in mind, but that works too...

1. What is the current political relationship between the US and Middle East?

The current political relationship between the US and Middle East is complex and constantly evolving. Historically, the US has had a strong presence in the Middle East due to its oil resources and strategic location. However, recent conflicts and tensions have strained the relationship, particularly with countries like Iran and Syria.

2. How does the US involvement in Middle Eastern politics impact the region?

The US involvement in Middle Eastern politics has a significant impact on the region. It can shape foreign policies, influence economic stability, and even play a role in military interventions. The US also has the power to shape public opinion and influence alliances between countries in the region.

3. What are some key events that have shaped the US-Middle East political relationship?

Some key events that have shaped the US-Middle East political relationship include the oil crisis of the 1970s, the Iranian Revolution in 1979, and the Gulf War in 1990. More recent events such as the Arab Spring and the ongoing conflict in Syria have also had a significant impact on the relationship.

4. How does the US involvement in Middle Eastern politics impact its global image?

The US involvement in Middle Eastern politics has a significant impact on its global image. The country's actions and decisions in the region can either enhance or damage its reputation and influence on the international stage. The US is often seen as a key player in maintaining stability and resolving conflicts in the Middle East.

5. How do political alliances between the US and Middle Eastern countries affect global politics?

Political alliances between the US and Middle Eastern countries have a major impact on global politics. These alliances can determine the outcome of conflicts, shape international policies, and influence economic and military decisions. They also have the power to shift the balance of power in the region and beyond.