Searching for Raman Prism: Is It Real?

• Thread starter Nirmal Padwal
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Prism Raman
In summary, the conversation discusses the search for information on a specific topic, the use of prisms in spectroscopy, and the suggestion to directly ask for clarification from the professor.
Nirmal Padwal
Homework Statement
Our lecturer has asked us to write a short note on Raman prism and its applications as our holiday homework
Relevant Equations
I have been unable to find any material pertaining to Raman prism. Does such a thing even exist?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi,

For a homework thread you really should post an attempt at solution by yourself !
Least you could do is google raman spectroscopy and try to find out what prof could be thinking of. Perhaps he is my age and designates anything resolving a spectrum as 'prism' -- even if nowadays it all done with gratings.
Other places where spectral dispersion comes in is in the laser tuning or the filter.

1577270933357.png

(wikipedia picture after T Schmid, P Dariz, Heritage. 2 (2): 1662–1683)

Likes Nirmal Padwal
Thank you for answering. I guess I should really ask him directly on what he means.

Sounds like the best of ideas to me !

Likes Nirmal Padwal

1. Is there any evidence that the Raman Prism exists?

There is currently no scientific evidence that the Raman Prism exists. Many scientists have searched for evidence of its existence, but none have been able to find any conclusive proof.

2. What is the Raman Prism supposed to do?

The Raman Prism is said to be able to split light into its component colors, similar to a regular prism. However, it is also claimed to have the ability to enhance certain colors and even create new colors.

3. Why is the Raman Prism so elusive?

The Raman Prism, if it does exist, is believed to be a rare and highly unstable material. It is said to only appear in certain conditions and locations, making it difficult to study and replicate.

4. What are some possible explanations for the reported sightings of the Raman Prism?

Some scientists believe that the reported sightings of the Raman Prism could be the result of misidentified natural phenomena, such as certain types of crystals or reflections of light. Others suggest that it could be a hoax or a figment of imagination.

5. Are there any ongoing research efforts to find the Raman Prism?

Yes, there are ongoing research efforts by scientists and enthusiasts to find the Raman Prism. Some are conducting experiments to try and replicate its reported properties, while others are searching for physical evidence of its existence.