Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rare gases : calculating absorption by oscillator strength

1. Jan 12, 2016 #1
    Hello,

I have some papers (I can give references if needed) giving the oscillator strength of rare gases for a given energy bandwidth and from those values, I would like to calculate their absorption in those bandwidth. However, I am a little bit lost in how to do it. I looked a bit around and found lots of references on how to do it but I am still confused.

For exemple, in http://gausssum.sourceforge.net/GaussSum_UVVis_Convolution.pdf, the answer I need seems to be the equation 9. But with only data on the oscillator strength, how can I found ##{\Delta}_{1/2}{\nu}'## or ##{\nu}'_{i{\rightarrow}f}## ?

I am not saying that the reference I used as an exemple is a good starting point and I would be glad to have a solid book reference for that.

Thanks in advance and looking foreward for some help.

PS: please forgive my english mistake, I am not fully comfortable in writting it.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 17, 2016 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook