Rate of change in temperature. Another way to do this?

In summary, the conversation is about a problem involving Part B and using the chain rule to solve it. The equations Q = mc(deltaT) and Q/t = P are mentioned. The attempt at a solution involves finding angular velocity, tangential velocity, and using the force of 520N to find 180 Watts. The second part involves dividing the equation for Q by t to get a rate of 0.064 C/s. The discussion concludes that there is no calculus involved and the suggested method is as good as any.
navm1

Homework Statement

[/B]
My question is regarding Part B of this problem, I have solved it but I'm wondering if there is another way to solve it since it says dtheta/dt and one of the hints I found online suggested that I use the chain rule.

20e9cbff1c.png

Homework Equations

Q = mc(deltaT)
Q/t = P

The Attempt at a Solution

For the first part, i just did theta/time to find angular velocity, then multiplied by radius to find the tangential velocity, then just multiplied by the force of 520N by pi/9, the tangential velocity to get 180 Watts.

For the second part I just divided the equation for Q by t to make deltaT/t=P/mc and got 0.064 C/s.

If there was a calculus way to solve this I'd appreciate some help. Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
navm1 said:
For the second part I just divided the equation for Q by t to make deltaT/t=P/mc and got 0.064 C/s.

If there was a calculus way to solve this I'd appreciate some help. Thanks
There's no calculus of any interest here, the rate is constant. Your method is as good as any.

makes sense. thanks haruspex

1. What is the rate of change in temperature?

The rate of change in temperature refers to the speed or rate at which the temperature is increasing or decreasing over a specific period of time.

2. How is the rate of change in temperature calculated?

The rate of change in temperature can be calculated by dividing the difference in temperature between two points by the time it took for that change to occur. This is known as the average rate of change.

3. What factors can affect the rate of change in temperature?

There are many factors that can affect the rate of change in temperature, including the amount of sunlight, humidity, wind, and altitude. Human activities such as burning fossil fuels and deforestation can also contribute to changes in temperature.

4. Can the rate of change in temperature be predicted?

While we can make predictions about future changes in temperature based on past trends and data, it is impossible to predict with absolute certainty. The rate of change in temperature can be influenced by many unpredictable factors, making it difficult to accurately predict.

5. How can we measure the rate of change in temperature?

The rate of change in temperature can be measured using a thermometer or other temperature measuring device. Scientists also use data from weather stations and satellites to track changes in temperature over time and calculate the rate of change.