Rate of change in temperature. Another way to do this?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
navm1
Messages
44
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


[/B]
My question is regarding Part B of this problem, I have solved it but I'm wondering if there is another way to solve it since it says dtheta/dt and one of the hints I found online suggested that I use the chain rule.

20e9cbff1c.png


Homework Equations


Q = mc(deltaT)
Q/t = P

The Attempt at a Solution



For the first part, i just did theta/time to find angular velocity, then multiplied by radius to find the tangential velocity, then just multiplied by the force of 520N by pi/9, the tangential velocity to get 180 Watts.

For the second part I just divided the equation for Q by t to make deltaT/t=P/mc and got 0.064 C/s.

If there was a calculus way to solve this I'd appreciate some help. Thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
navm1 said:
For the second part I just divided the equation for Q by t to make deltaT/t=P/mc and got 0.064 C/s.

If there was a calculus way to solve this I'd appreciate some help. Thanks
There's no calculus of any interest here, the rate is constant. Your method is as good as any.