Recommended Forum for help with fluids problem / question?

• Thread starter myperfectworld
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help to answer a fluids question related to aerodynamics. They have previously posted a thread but did not receive any responses. They are considering building a scale model to find the answer if they cannot derive it themselves. They ask for suggestions or help in the matter.
myperfectworld
Can someone suggest a way to answer a fluids question? More aero based than civil. I posted a thread over 8 weeks ago and I didn't get a single response or opinion despite hundreds of views. I don't believe I have the skills to derive the right answer - which is either yes or no - most likely Bernoulli based and/or gas laws. If can't derive it, I will be forced to spend several days and some bucks to build a scale model to try to answer the question - because it will bug me not knowing until I find out if the proposed concept is scientifically viable. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is the recommended forum for help with fluids problem/question?

The recommended forum for help with fluids problem/question is the "Fluid Mechanics" forum on the website "Physics Forums". This forum is specifically dedicated to discussing topics related to fluid mechanics and has a large community of experts who can provide valuable insights and solutions.

2. Is the "Fluid Mechanics" forum on "Physics Forums" free to access?

Yes, the "Fluid Mechanics" forum on "Physics Forums" is free to access. However, you may need to create an account on the website in order to post your question or participate in the discussions.

3. How can I ensure that I receive accurate and helpful responses to my fluids problem/question?

To ensure that you receive accurate and helpful responses to your fluids problem/question, make sure to provide all the necessary details and information about the problem. This includes any relevant equations, diagrams, and any steps you have already taken to solve the problem. Additionally, be respectful and open to feedback from others in the forum.

4. Are there any other forums or online communities for help with fluids problem/question?

Yes, there are other forums and online communities that specialize in discussing fluid mechanics. Some examples include "CFD Online" and "Engineering Stack Exchange". However, the "Fluid Mechanics" forum on "Physics Forums" is one of the most popular and active communities for this topic.

5. Can I get help with both theoretical and practical fluids problems/questions on the "Fluid Mechanics" forum?

Yes, the "Fluid Mechanics" forum on "Physics Forums" is open to discussing both theoretical and practical fluids problems/questions. You can ask for help with understanding concepts and solving equations, as well as for practical applications and experiments related to fluid mechanics.