Reposted Thread: QIS Career Project Interview Questions

• Thread starter Imparcticle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, the conversation is about a student doing a career project on quantum information science and needing to interview a professional in the field. They have emailed several scientists but have not received a response. The student is asking if there are any quantum physicists who could answer 6 questions about QIS, even if it's a group effort. The student also includes the questions they need answered.
Imparcticle
ALOHA!

I'm doing a career project for my science class, and I chose quantum information science. One of the major requirements is to get an interview from a professional in the field. I have e-mailed about 5 or 6 scientists in the past 2 weeks, and have not (to my great dismay) received a reply.

Are there any quantum physicists who know enough about quantum information science that they could answer a 6 questions about QIS??
Evem just a bunch of people comming together and answering all the questions is FINE.

I need this ASAP. Thanks a bunch.

Here are the questions:

1. What kinds of safety/special equipment is used by QIS scientists?

2. What is the current status of the field? What is the level of availability for the job?

3. Do you believe there will be various jobs in this field in the future? If so, why?

4. What kind of salary range would one expect when applying for the position of a QIS scientist? What kind of job benefits are there?

5. What is the typical day in a QI scientist’s work day like?

6. What kinds of positions or branches of professional jobs in this field are there?

I wasn't sure where exactly I should post this thread, so I posted it in the forum "quantum physics" and this one.

Physics news on Phys.org
Research stuff online (use google), have very good and thorough results, then list a fake name for who you talked to.

I did that on a college application and I got in

Sounds like the questions you would ask an employee in a car factory...

1. What is a reposted thread?

A reposted thread is a discussion topic that has already been posted and discussed on a forum or online platform, but has been shared again by another user.

2. Why do people repost threads?

People repost threads for various reasons, such as wanting to bring attention back to an important discussion, sharing new information or updates related to the topic, or simply because they are not aware that the topic has already been discussed.

3. How can I avoid reposting a thread?

To avoid reposting a thread, it is important to first search for the topic on the forum or platform to see if it has already been discussed. If it has, you can join the existing discussion and contribute your thoughts and ideas there instead of creating a new thread.

4. Is reposting a thread considered spamming?

Reposting a thread can be considered spamming if it is done excessively or without a valid reason. It is important to follow the rules and guidelines of the forum or platform and avoid reposting the same topic multiple times.

5. What should I do if I see a reposted thread?

If you see a reposted thread, you can politely inform the user that the topic has already been discussed and provide a link to the existing thread. If the reposted thread violates the forum or platform's rules, you can report it to the moderators for further action.