1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Research problem ideas?

1. Mar 3, 2009 #1
    My college requires all students to take an English course in their junior or senior year that that forces the students to do the kind of reading and writing that is used in their majors. So my major is mathematics, and I'm in the science section of this class. Anyway, we have a major research assignment in the class that requires us to utilize recently published papers and whatnot in our field--but I kind of have no idea where to begin.

For those of you who have studied mathematics, are you aware of any topics that would be ideal for this sort of project?

Here's the teacher's guidelines:

I don't really feel that I have the knowledge to wade through current mathematical papers (or even old ones) and the requirement is that it must have to do with my field. Any ideas you math majors could share?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted