1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Resistance of a wire coursework

1. Apr 12, 2005 #1
    For the resistance of a wire coursework, i have already done it based on experimenting with different lenghts against resistance. for the evaluation, i need to write an extension on the coursework: i have a few ideas already
    • Experimenting with other types of materials of wires to see if they follow the same pattern.
    • Find out if non-metallic conductors follow the same pattern as well.
    • Find out if there is a relationship with current, resistance and voltage. The experiment can be set up like the potentiometer circuit.

the problem is that i need to come up with a mini-method for one of them, but im right confused on that, any ideas? it would also be great if its for the first bullet pint

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 12, 2005 #2

you could try to use different resistors ie. 3 ohms, 5 ohms etc. Well you don't need to look for patterns and proportionalities as you could do that by looking at this formula V=IR
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?