Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reverse diffraction

1. Feb 21, 2008 #1
    I am to give my first physics talk for a seminar class next week and I am looking for info on recent research done on the reverse diffraction phenomenon. Any links or thoughts would be appreciated. (Credible sources only please, as this is for a class).
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2008 #2

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

You mean a time-reversed reflection?
  4. Feb 23, 2008 #3
    I mis-wrote. I meant to put reverse refraction, referring to recent discoveries that certain materials can be forced to "bend" light the opposite way that a prism or some other object would normally be expected to.
  5. Feb 23, 2008 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

The "standard" name being given to that is either "left-handed material" or "negative index of refraction", not "reverse refraction".

I'm guess that this has caused many people to scratch their heads. Now that you have the standard name attached to this phenomenon, do you still not find anything when you google it?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?