Revision Help for Electrical & Electronic Engineering

In summary, the conversation discussed the need for resources to help with revising for second year final exams in electrical and electronic engineering. The person asked if anyone knew of any good YouTube channels similar to Khanacademy, but it was mentioned that there are not many resources of the same scale. It was suggested to use textbooks or do past exam papers as a way to prepare for the exams.
jazzel70
Hi everyone,

I got some past papers to revise for my second year final exams in may the course I am in is called electrical and electronic engineering (I am studying in the uk).

I was just hoping if any of you guys know any good youtube channels like khanacademy but for engineering topics.

Thaanks in advance!

Engineering news on Phys.org
'fraid not. At least I don't think there are. I've been searching for a Khanacademy sort of chanel for engineering for a while now, and I can't find anything on the same sort of scale, or even close. There are a few lessons on specific topics that you can find if you type in the name of the subject and then "tutorial", but they are no were near as good a Khanacademy.
That channel is one of a kind. I don't think I would have passed my first year at university without it.

I think once you get into second year, youtube videos just can't explain the depth of understanding you are expected to know. I think you have to move on to textbooks, which is unfortunate as I loved learning maths through Khanacademy.
Or you can do what I do and constantly do past exam papers. I think that is by far the best way to pass and do well on your exams.

Related to Revision Help for Electrical & Electronic Engineering

1. What is the best way to revise for an electrical and electronic engineering exam?

The best way to revise for an electrical and electronic engineering exam is to start early and practice regularly. Make sure you understand the basic concepts and principles before moving on to more complex topics. Use past exam papers to familiarize yourself with the exam format and practice solving problems under timed conditions. It is also helpful to form study groups with classmates and discuss difficult concepts together.

2. How can I improve my understanding of difficult concepts in electrical and electronic engineering?

One way to improve your understanding of difficult concepts is to break them down into smaller, more manageable parts. Try to relate the concept to real-life examples or visualize it to make it easier to understand. Additionally, seek help from your professors or teaching assistants, consult textbooks and online resources, and attend review sessions or study groups.

3. How important is practical experience in electrical and electronic engineering?

Practical experience is extremely important in electrical and electronic engineering. It allows you to apply the theoretical knowledge you have learned in a hands-on setting, which can deepen your understanding and help you develop problem-solving skills. It is also beneficial for future job prospects as many employers value practical experience in addition to academic qualifications.

4. Are there any useful resources specifically designed for revising electrical and electronic engineering?

Yes, there are many resources available specifically for revising electrical and electronic engineering. These include textbooks, online courses, practice problems and quizzes, and review books. You can also find helpful resources on engineering forums and websites, as well as through your university's library or study center.

5. How can I manage my time effectively when studying for an electrical and electronic engineering exam?

To manage your time effectively when studying for an electrical and electronic engineering exam, create a study schedule and stick to it. Prioritize topics based on their importance and difficulty, and allocate more time to those that require more attention. Take regular breaks to avoid burnout and use your study time efficiently by minimizing distractions. It can also be helpful to set specific goals for each study session to keep yourself motivated.