Integral Rewriting: Exploring the Process

• Thread starter aaaa202
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integral
In summary, the conversation discusses the rewriting of a double integral by introducing the variable τ=τ1-τ2. The first integral, which is just beta, eventually cancels out. There is confusion about the absence of beta in the second line and whether it is a typo. The suggestion is made to introduce new variables, τ and μ, to simplify the integral, resulting in the integration over μ becoming trivial. However, the individual is unsure if they have correctly performed the substitution.
aaaa202
On the attached picture the double integral in the first line is rewritten in the second line by introducting the variable τ=τ1-τ2
But how exactly does this happen? I simply can't see how two integrals can turn into one.

Attachments

• integral.png
    integral.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 456
Physics news on Phys.org
The first integral is just beta. It eventually cancels out.

I don't understand why it is just beta. There is a Green's function in the integrand. Do you say this because there is no beta in the second line? Because for all I know this could be a typo.

Can you do the full substitution where you introduce new variables, say
[tex] \tau = \tau_1 - \tau_2 \text{ and } \mu = \tau_1 + \tau_2 [/tex]
to turn a two dimensional integral into a two dimensional integral? You will see the integration over [itex] \mu [/itex] become trivial.

hmm I'd would say it would give something like the attached, but I don't see any trivial integral. What did I do wrong?

Attachments

• integral.png
    integral.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:

FAQ: Integral Rewriting: Exploring the Process

1. What is integral rewriting?

Integral rewriting is a process in which a written work, such as a text, essay, or article, is revised and edited with the goal of improving its overall quality, clarity, and coherence. It involves carefully examining and restructuring the content and language of the original piece to enhance its effectiveness and impact.

2. Why is integral rewriting important?

Integral rewriting is important because it helps to refine and enhance written communication. By carefully analyzing and revising a written work, the writer can ensure that their ideas are effectively conveyed and understood by their intended audience. It also allows for the identification and correction of any errors or inconsistencies in the original piece.

3. What are the key elements of integral rewriting?

The key elements of integral rewriting include analyzing the structure and flow of the written piece, evaluating the clarity and coherence of the ideas presented, checking for grammatical and spelling errors, and making necessary revisions to improve the overall quality and impact of the work.

4. How does integral rewriting differ from regular editing?

Integral rewriting goes beyond basic editing by not only checking for errors, but also critically evaluating and restructuring the content of a written work. It involves a more in-depth analysis and revision process to improve the overall effectiveness of the piece.

5. What are some tips for effective integral rewriting?

Some tips for effective integral rewriting include taking breaks between revisions to maintain a fresh perspective, seeking feedback from others, focusing on one aspect of the writing at a time (e.g. structure, language, etc.), and being open to making significant changes if necessary. It is also important to continually revise and refine the work until it meets the desired level of quality.

Back