Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

School and Astronomy

1. Aug 30, 2003 #1
    Have any of you been to a High School which had an Astronomy class or even a Telescope?

They should teach Astronomy more in High School, since their computer classes seem to be lacking.

I know I've never heard of a high school in real life, that taught Astronomy.
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 30, 2003 #2
    High schools here do not teach astronomy but I guess IB physics course may includes astronomy as part of the syllabus. I know some schools here do own telescopes. (my school doesn't :frown:) Some universities here offer astronomy courses and training programmes for high school students and I joined two last year.

I think if you want to learn more about astronomy, you can join some astronomy organizations in your country/region. Or you can read magazines or books. If you have any question, PF is always a good place to ask.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?