Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Senior design project ideas merging biomedical and electrical engineering

1. Jun 23, 2012 #1
    Do you have any electrical engineering senior design projects suitable for someone who is BME/EE? This is one of the (few) classes necessary if I want to also complete the EE major, which I sort of joined for fun, because (i) they have all the math courses, not sure why and (ii) the professors smile more.

The degree of BME-ness can be varied, but I'd like to make use of my background in biology, chemistry (up to P Chem), and signal processing (technically in the EE dept.) if I can. Technically, "applied physics" is covered within our EE dept., and I have some research experience with thermodynamics and NMR. I would strongly prefer that the project is heavy on signal processing.

Programming: Our EE design course professor pretty much insists that the coding should be done in LabView. I am more familiar with Java, Matlab, Maple, and a little C++.

I have basic machining and soldering skills, but I am far from a "maker." I have a summer and a semester to learn what is necessary by the spring semester of 2013.

The budget is about $200, but we are allowed to supplement it with external sources (mine still has ~$2000 left).

Thank you very much!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted