Sensitivity Analysis of a Sensor: Calculating and Analyzing Resistance Changes

In summary, to calculate the sensitivity of a sensor, plot the data points on a graph and calculate the slope of the line between two points divided by the change in force between those points. Repeat for each force step to get the overall sensitivity.
Oscar6330
Hello!

I have the following problem

My Physical System
I have a sensor which changes resistance on application of force.

Experiments performed

In order to characterize the output of the sensor, I have done some experiments. In the one of interest here, I applied different forces and took 4 readings at each force step. Total force steps are 5.

My final graph is force on X-axis and magnitude of resistance on Y-Axis.

Problem
I want to analyze sensitivity of the sensor.

What I have tried

I tried to caluclute the sensitivity of the sensor using the acquired data in GraphPad. But there seem to be some error. i want to calculate it using manual mathematics now.

Kindly guide me how to do it. An example will be great.

Thanks for your time

Physics news on Phys.org
!Calculating the sensitivity of a sensor can be done by first plotting the data points on a graph. Then, calculate the slope of the line connecting two points and divide it by the change in force between the two points. This will give you the sensitivity of the sensor for that particular force step. You can then repeat the process for each force step to get the overall sensitivity of the sensor.For example, if you have two points (x1, y1) and (x2, y2), the slope of the line connecting these two points is (y2-y1)/(x2-x1). The sensitivity of the sensor is then equal to (y2-y1)/(x2-x1)/(x2-x1). This will give you the sensitivity of the sensor for the particular force step. You can then repeat this process for each force step to get the overall sensitivity of the sensor.

What is sensitivity of a system?

The sensitivity of a system refers to how responsive it is to changes in its input or parameters. In other words, it measures how much the output of a system changes in response to a change in its input.

How is sensitivity of a system measured?

The sensitivity of a system is typically measured by calculating the derivative of the output with respect to the input. This is known as the sensitivity coefficient and it represents the rate of change of the output with respect to a unit change in the input.

Why is sensitivity of a system important?

The sensitivity of a system is important because it helps us understand how the system will behave under different conditions. It allows us to predict how changes in the input will affect the output and can help us optimize the system for better performance.

What factors can affect the sensitivity of a system?

The sensitivity of a system can be affected by various factors such as the complexity of the system, the accuracy of the input data, the stability of the system, and the type of mathematical model used to describe the system.

How can sensitivity analysis be used to improve a system?

Sensitivity analysis can be used to identify the most influential parameters or inputs in a system. This information can then be used to prioritize and focus on improving these key factors in order to optimize the overall performance of the system.