Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Server and client on Raspberry Pi

1. Mar 13, 2017 #1
    May I know how to make multiple client connected to a server in python language. I want to communicate one Raspberry Pi to other Raspberry Pi using the python. What I knew, it need to used function socket. i will explain my project. There are contain 5 clients and 1 server. A server will open the connection socket. when a client1 connected to it, it will run the specific task. If other client such as client 2 want to connected to the server and run the specific task, it need to wait until the task of client 1 is not finished. Same step for client 3,4 and 5.

May i know how to do that, just give me the idea or what the socket function that i need to used. I appreciate your reply.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 13, 2017 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

4. Apr 11, 2017 #3
    Thank to everyone for helping me to solve the problems. Now, can got the solution. By using the queue, it make the server hold the other client when a client is not finishing its work.

5. Apr 11, 2017 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Everyone?

6. Apr 12, 2017 #5
    Sorry my mistake, thanks to Jedishrfu for helping me solve this problem. Thank you for your time and attention.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted