Shopping for a Nikon DSLR? Better buy it soon

  • Thread starter Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    dslr Nikon
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
Messages
16,110
Reaction score
8,519
The current flooding in Thailand has shut down Nikon's factory that makes most of their consumer-level DSLR bodies and lenses. The water has been at least 2 meters deep for the past few weeks, and apparently shows no signs of receding yet. See the before-and-after pictures in the following article:

http://www.digitalcamblog.com/201110986-nikon-factory-in-thailand-closed-damaged-due-to-flood-before-after-photos/

Supplies of these cameras will surely become very tight when the current stock has been sold. I was thinking of buying a D7000 during the holiday season, but now I'm considering doing it this week, even though I'm not going to have much time to play with it for a while.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Haha, I suppose so... I did buy that camera without any problems and am still using it, although my iPhone has since taken over a lot of the basic photography. :oldwink: