Shotgun Licence Refused: 25 Years of Good Behaviour

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gun
In summary: debates would just stop, one side is totally full of crap and the other just don't understand the first thing about guns
yomamma said:
pfft...! don't EVER take away fast-food...especially KFC or Dairy Queen...:grumpy:

OK, you can be deputy pm, and i will find jobs for all my PFs mates, just assure me you will never own two jags.

Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
I have had a shot gun for five years, used for clay shooting, but the law has
(reviewed) my case and refused a renewal, on the strenght of things i did in
the past, so now i have to hand in my beloved s57, i would have thought that 25yrs of good behaviour would have been good enough to show a reformed character.:cry:
So, you broke someone's finger 25 years ago (okay, a cop's finger), you never shot anyone or were involved in any armed assault, you have been permitted to keep the shotgun for 5 years now without incident, and only NOW they decide you can't keep it because of the incident 25 years ago? And you're sure you've been good other than that one broken finger, right? No armed robberies in your past, or a record a mile long, or anything like that? :wink: I know the UK is tough on gun control, but it hardly makes any sense that your record wasn't a problem 5 years ago, but suddenly becomes one. Is it a very nice shotgun that perhaps the police captain (or whoever is in charge of these things in the UK) wants it to add to his personal collection? :rolleyes:

I guess you'll have to go back to throwing rocks at and trying to stab your clay pigeons, as those options remain unregulated in the UK. :biggrin:

Can one find a local barrister to appeal the case?

Also, is there a gun or sports club whose members could help support one's case to retain one's license for the shotgun?

Is there are friendly magistrate who favors gun ownership, or who is a member of a gun or sports club?

Wolly, I didn't know you were such a bad a$$ dude!

Hope you can appeal it somehow, there has got to be someone you can talk to about it. Have they been refuseing permits to a lot of people?

Wooly, you won't win against the twunts. Go and get yourself a 12ftlbs air rifle instead.

or the traditional long bow! :biggrin:

It worked for Robin Hood and his Merry Men!

hypatia said:
Wolly, I didn't know you were such a bad a$$ dude!

Hope you can appeal it somehow, there has got to be someone you can talk to about it. Have they been refuseing permits to a lot of people?

It was a very long time ago, and i was not very bad, just a bit high spirited.

it seems that all gun holders have had their licences reviewed, i do not know
how many have been refused renewal, it is the chief constable who decides
these cases, i wonder if he had a broken finger

Thanks every one :biggrin: