Is it Possible to Pay Someone for a Longer Signature Space?

• Thread starter OmCheeto
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of signature lengths on the forum. The original poster mentions wanting to pay someone to add a statement to their signature, but others point out that their signature is already too long and they should focus on shortening it. The conversation then goes on to discuss the length of signatures and how it can be an eyesore and clutter the forum. Finally, there is a mention of a user whose signature was grandfathered in and is still too long.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
Is there anyone I can pay money to, to add the following to my signature:

There is absolutely no value in random people spewing out irrelevant ideas.

I have a lifetime membership, and can't give any more money to this god blessed place. :grumpy:

---------------------
ok to delete, infract, and send me suggestions on how to wordsmith my 5+ quotes into one...

Physics news on Phys.org
OmCheeto said:
Is there anyone I can pay money to, to add the following to my signature:

I have a lifetime membership, and can't give any more money to this god blessed place. :grumpy:

---------------------
ok to delete, infract, and send me suggestions on how to wordsmith my 5+ quotes into one...
The limit for a signature is 4 lines, you are already over the limit. :biggrin:

Although that is probably one of the most brilliant statements/truisms I have ever heard. I wonder who came up with it?

Evo said:
The limit for a signature is 4 lines, you are already over the limit. :biggrin:

Although that is probably one of the most brilliant statements/truisms I have ever heard. I wonder who came up with it?

I don't know, but it surely negates two of the statements in an image I just ran across.

Praying to the correct PF god will surely yield miracles!

Hal-Hey-Lou-Yuh!

-----------------
Though now my signature is so long, even I would tend to say it's TLDR...
Perhaps people have figured out the lisab is not a potato by now...
hmmmm...

Evo is right, your signature is above the 4 lines permitted anyway! I think if a signature is too long it becomes an eyesore, especially when it is longer than the post itself.

What Cristo said. Forums which allow massive signatures start to look cluttered as signature space overtakes content.

Ryan_m_b said:
What Cristo said. Forums which allow massive signatures start to look cluttered as signature space overtakes content.

Ok to lock thread. I'm done. :smile:

OmCheeto said:

Lol, nice sig :wink:

OmCheeto said:
You can go back to your sigs until Astronuc stops breaking the rules. His signature takes up 8 lines. The biggest signature that I am aware of.

attachment.php?attachmentid=57526&d=1365208516.jpg

Attachments

• Astro huge sig.jpg
    Astro huge sig.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 426
Evo said:
You can go back to your sigs until Astronuc stops breaking the rules. His signature takes up 8 lines. The biggest signature that I am aware of.
My signature got grandfathered. I tried to edit it one time, but I couldn't save it, because it was still too long. So I just kept it.

Astronuc said:
My signature got grandfathered. I tried to edit it one time, but I couldn't save it, because it was still too long. So I just kept it.
IIRC, it was always too long for the guidelines. But we've never really enforced sig length. :smile: Well, you can fix it now.

Mine takes up 5 spaces, so I will fix that now.

Edit: Fixed

Last edited:

What is "signature space too small"?

"Signature space too small" refers to an issue where the designated area for a signature on a document or electronic form is too small to accommodate a person's full signature.

Why is "signature space too small" a problem?

This can be a problem because a person's signature is often used as a legal representation of their identity and agreement to a document. If the signature is cut off or incomplete due to a small space, it may not be considered valid.

How can "signature space too small" be resolved?

One solution is to resize the signature space to a larger size. This can be done by adjusting the margins or layout of the document or form. Another solution is to use a digital signature, which does not have size limitations and can be easily adjusted to fit the designated space.

Can "signature space too small" lead to legal issues?

In some cases, if a signature is deemed invalid due to a small space, it may lead to legal issues. It is important to ensure that the designated signature space is large enough to accommodate a person's full signature to avoid any potential legal complications.

Are there any tips for avoiding "signature space too small"?

To avoid this issue, it is best to leave enough space for a signature when creating a document or form. This can be done by using a larger font size or adjusting the layout to allow for more space. It is also important to test the signature space before finalizing the document to ensure it can accommodate a full signature.