Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Signing in

1. Nov 29, 2003 #1
    Is there a button on the main page that you click to sign in? i can't find it...

and i hate signing in all the time... before my computer crashed, i guess i had my sn and password saved... but now i can't figure how to do that, and its annoying. lil help?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 30, 2003 #2

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Log-in is in the bottom right of the main page.

You shouldn't need to log in over and over unless you automatically delete cookies.

4. Nov 30, 2003 #3

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

But I think Greg likes us to log out after each session, something to do with what happens to the server if you don't.

5. Nov 30, 2003 #4
    Actually it's ok to just close the window. The site will automaticly log you off in 15min after you leave.

6. Nov 30, 2003 #5
    is that something new greg? i swear i never needed to sign in again before. i signed on when i signed up, and that was the last of it.

7. Dec 2, 2003 #6
    Just check "automatically login" after the login prompt... it will download a cookie and you won't have to login every time

8. Dec 2, 2003 #7
    and where is that little box?? i looked for one...

9. Dec 3, 2003 #8
    click on "user cp" at the top of the page
    then click on "edit options"
    then click "yes" for the second question ("automatically login")

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?