Need Help with Vector Problem? Check out Our Easy Solution | Try Now!

• Thread starter ohheytai
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Vector
In summary, r_{n} and r_{a} are position vectors that give the position with respect to the origin. The end of these vectors would lie at the head of the vector r. The displacement vector r is equal to the subtraction of r_{n} and r_{a}, where r_{n} is the vector from the origin to the head of r and r_{a} is the vector from the origin to the tail of r. If the answer is not obvious, it is recommended to review material on graphically subtracting vectors.
ohheytai
i uploaded it i can't figure out r subscript n i have no idea can someone help me its my last try thanks

Attachments

• WA.png
    WA.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 412
Physics news on Phys.org
It says that [itex]r_{n}[/itex] and [itex]r_{a}[/itex] give the position with respect to the origin, while r is a relative position vector.

So what vectors would [itex]r_{n}[/itex] and [itex]r_{a}[/itex] be if they start at the origin? Where would the end of those vectors lie? Given that [itex]r = r_{n} - r_{a}[/itex].
If the answer isn't obvious then review material on graphically subtracting vectors.

i only have the vector sum though and i don't have those two vectors

Note that in a displacement vector r = ra - rb

ra is the vector from origin to head of the vector r
and rb is vector from origin to tail of vector r

Thank you for reaching out for assistance with your vector problem. We understand that it can be challenging to solve certain problems, especially when it comes to complex mathematical concepts like vectors.

We would be happy to help you with your problem. Our team of experts has extensive experience in solving vector problems and can provide you with a clear and easy-to-understand solution.

To get started, you can upload your problem and any relevant information, such as equations or diagrams, and our team will analyze it to determine the appropriate solution. We also offer a step-by-step explanation of the solution to help you understand the process better.

Don't worry about the subscript "n", our experts will be able to assist you with that as well. Just give it a try and see how our solution can help you. We are confident that with our help, you will be able to solve your vector problem successfully.

Thank you for considering our services, and we look forward to helping you with your problem. Good luck!

1. What is a simple vector problem?

A simple vector problem is a mathematical problem that involves the use of vectors, which are quantities that have both magnitude (size) and direction. These problems typically involve finding the resultant (overall) vector when adding or subtracting two or more vectors.

2. How do you solve a simple vector problem?

To solve a simple vector problem, you must first draw a diagram to represent the given vectors and their directions. Then, use trigonometry or the Pythagorean theorem to find the magnitude of each vector. Finally, use vector addition or subtraction to find the resultant vector.

3. What are some real-world applications of simple vector problems?

Simple vector problems have many real-world applications, such as in physics (finding the net force on an object), navigation (finding the displacement and direction of a ship or airplane), and engineering (determining the forces acting on a structure).

4. Can simple vector problems have more than two vectors?

Yes, simple vector problems can involve any number of vectors. The process for solving them remains the same, but it may become more complex as the number of vectors increases.

5. What are some common mistakes when solving simple vector problems?

One common mistake is forgetting to use the correct signs for the direction of the vectors. It is also important to use the correct trigonometric functions and to pay attention to units when solving these problems. Another mistake is not taking into account the order of vector addition or subtraction, which can affect the final solution.