1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Job Skills Simulation and model science or quantum computing

1. Apr 24, 2017 #1
    I am a computer science under graduate,I am more interested in scientific research, so I am preparing to enrol myself masters in quantum computing or simulation sciences. before i join i want to research what are the scope and job opportunities are available for simulation sciences(like computational physics or biology) and quantum computing?I am good in programming and I enjoy both physics and biology. please help me decide.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2017 #2
    I lack confidence that quantum computing will have much of a job market in the next decade.

4. Apr 24, 2017 #3
    Quantum computing is currently in what appears to be a growth phase, although it's significantly smaller than machine learning. ML is essentially "statistical modeling for CS majors", and many groups use biology as an application area for ML models. Have you considered that option?

5. Apr 25, 2017 #4
    Nope. I have to know more things on this topic.trying to get as much as information on this. As of now, the universities I inquired, they admit students for this these courses with computer science degree. So if I want to get in, what are the essential subjects i have to take?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted