Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Solar Water Heater

1. Mar 31, 2007 #1
    Just curious...how much would it cost you to install a solar water heating system ($/Watt) where u live?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 31, 2007 #2

Danger

Gold Member

I could probably scavenge the stuff to make it for nothing, but I'm not inclined to go to all that effort.

4. Mar 31, 2007 #3
    ok point taken...but if u want to buy it? do u have an idea what it would cost?

5. Apr 9, 2007 #4
  6. Apr 9, 2007 #5

Danger

Gold Member

Sorry that I didn't get back about this. The fact is that I don't know what it would cost. There are solar system suppliers here, who can probably give estimates, but it would also depend very heavily upon what sort of building you intend to outfit. For one thing, it would definitely be far cheaper to integrate the system during construction than to retrofit a 96 year-old house like mine.

7. Apr 10, 2007 #6

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

8. Apr 10, 2007 #7

Danger

Gold Member

Now that I've read Chi's thread through the link, it appears that I misunderstood the OP. I thought that he meant a hot water home heating system, not just a water heater. I still don't know what it would cost, but the type of building wouldn't make nearly as much difference as I indicated.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?