Solar Water Heater

Just curious...how much would it cost you to install a solar water heating system ($/Watt) where u live?

Answers and Replies

Danger
Gold Member
I could probably scavenge the stuff to make it for nothing, but I'm not inclined to go to all that effort.

ok point taken...but if u want to buy it? do u have an idea what it would cost?

BillJx
Just curious...how much would it cost you to install a solar water heating system ($/Watt) where u live?
South West coast of British Columbia, Canada. Sunny summers, mild but wet winters.
http://www.bcsea.org/sustainableenergy/solarhotwater.asp [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Danger
Gold Member
Sorry that I didn't get back about this. The fact is that I don't know what it would cost. There are solar system suppliers here, who can probably give estimates, but it would also depend very heavily upon what sort of building you intend to outfit. For one thing, it would definitely be far cheaper to integrate the system during construction than to retrofit a 96 year-old house like mine.

Danger
Gold Member
Now that I've read Chi's thread through the link, it appears that I misunderstood the OP. I thought that he meant a hot water home heating system, not just a water heater. I still don't know what it would cost, but the type of building wouldn't make nearly as much difference as I indicated.