Solving a System of PDE's Using Maple

In summary, the individual is trying to solve a coupled system of non-linear PDE's, but is encountering an error stating that there are too many arguments. They are attempting to impose zero boundary conditions on two y-coordinate locations for the derivative, and have provided a picture of their work. The individual mentions that the source term has x in it, making k and p functions of both x and y. Another person has also experienced the same problem and is seeking a solution.
womfalcs3
I am solving a coupled system of non-linear PDE's.

What am I doing wrong in the procedure? It says, "Error, (in pdsolve/sys) too many arguments; some or all of the following are wrong: [[k(x, y), p(x, y)], {diff(k(x, y), y) = 0, diff(p(x, y), y) = 0}]". I am trying to imposed zero boundary conditions on two y-coordinate locations on the derivative.

Here's what I have:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2a5af79.jpg

I'll link it because it's a rather big picture.

The only reason it's a PDE is because the source term has x in it, so k and p will be functions of x and y.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, I had the same problem.How did you solve it. Thank you very much!

1. How do I input a system of PDE's into Maple?

To input a system of PDE's into Maple, you can use the "pdsolve" command. This command takes in the PDE's as well as any initial or boundary conditions and solves the system for the dependent variables.

2. Can Maple handle systems of nonlinear PDE's?

Yes, Maple has the ability to solve systems of nonlinear PDE's. However, the complexity of the equations may affect the accuracy and speed of the solution.

3. How do I plot the solution to a system of PDE's in Maple?

You can use the "plot3d" or "plot3d1" command to plot the solution to a system of PDE's in Maple. These commands allow you to specify the dependent variables, independent variables, and any other parameters for the plot.

4. Can I export the solution to a system of PDE's from Maple?

Yes, you can export the solution to a system of PDE's from Maple in various formats such as PDF, HTML, or LaTeX. You can also copy and paste the solution into a different program or save it as a Maple worksheet.

5. How do I check the accuracy of the solution to a system of PDE's in Maple?

To check the accuracy of the solution to a system of PDE's in Maple, you can use the "evalf" command to evaluate the solution at specific points and compare it to known values. You can also use the "plot" command to visualize the solution and check for any discrepancies.