Solving circuit with Thevenin's theorem

Member advised to use the homework template for posts in the homework sections of PF.
Hey guys, I am supposed to solve for voltage and current on R4 using Thevenin's theorem here. Values are following:
U = 100V
R1 = 310
R2 = 610
R3 = 220
R4 = 570
R5 = 200

upload_2016-12-21_23-10-52.png

Now, I know I need to solve for Rth and Vth, so I put the circuit into simulation and figured out voltage on R3 is equal to voltage on R4, therefore that's my Vth. Although the theorem for current on R4 is
IR4 = Vth / (Rth + R4)
The simulation also showed current on R4 as 0.03 and pretty much my Rth would need to be as low as 12 to be suitable for this equation, which isn't possible given the current values for all resistors. Can anyone point me to the right direction? Thanks.

Answers and Replies

gneill
Mentor
What have you learned about finding Thevenin equivalents? What is the procedure?

What have you learned about finding Thevenin equivalents? What is the procedure?
That I need to find Rth and Vth first in order to calculate current and voltage on certain resistor

gneill
Mentor
That I need to find Rth and Vth first in order to calculate current and voltage on certain resistor
Okay, but what is the procedure for finding Rth and Vth for a circuit?

NascentOxygen
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
If you scroll down to the very foot of threads in these forums you will see links to older threads related to the current topic. Sometimes you will find help in posts in these earlier threads, but no promises.

https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/holly-1756-gif.110502/