Solving equation with T2 (Final Temperature)

BogumilIn summary, the conversation was about finding the equation formula for calculating the final temperature with a given temperature coefficient of resistance. The formula is Tfinal=(1/a)(Rfinal/Rinitial -1) + Tinitial, where T=temperature, R=resistance, and a=temperature coefficient. The conversation ended with the requester expressing gratitude for the assistance.
Bogumil
Hello there,

I want to know, what is the equation formula for "Final Temperature" with Temperature Coefficient of Resistance? Let I show you the question as below:

The resistance of a component at 0°C is 55Ω and increases to 61Ω when subjected to a rise in temperature. Calculate the change in temperature if the temperature coefficient of resistance of the component is 0.0018/°C.

Need to answer to T2.

Can you show me the formula?

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Bogumil

Engineering news on Phys.org
Using Rfinal=Rinitial (1+a(Tfinal - Tinitial)) where R=resistance T=temperature a=temperature coefficient

Likes CalcNerd
awpbash said:
Using Rfinal=Rinitial (1+a(Tfinal - Tinitial)) where R=resistance T=temperature a=temperature coefficient

Thank you for your response but your answer is for "Final Resistance" but I am looking "Final Temperaturion".

Bogumil said:
Thank you for your response but your answer is for "Final Resistance" but I am looking "Final Temperaturion".
(1/a)(Rf/Ri -1) + Ti = Tf

awpbash said:
(1/a)(Rf/Ri -1) + Ti = Tf

At last, thank you very much.

Regards,

1. How do I solve equations with T2 (Final Temperature)?

To solve equations with T2, you first need to identify the variables and constants involved in the equation. Then, use algebraic manipulation and mathematical operations to isolate the T2 variable and solve for its value. It can also be helpful to substitute known values for the other variables in the equation before solving for T2.

2. What is T2 (Final Temperature) in equations?

T2, or the final temperature, is the value that represents the temperature at the end of a process or calculation. It is often used in equations that involve changes in temperature or heat transfer.

3. Why is T2 important in equations?

T2 is important in equations because it helps us understand the final state or outcome of a process. It allows us to calculate the final temperature after a change or transfer of heat and can help us make predictions or solve real-world problems.

4. Can I solve equations with T2 if I don't know the other variables?

In most cases, you will need to know at least some of the other variables in the equation in order to solve for T2. However, if the equation has multiple variables and you are given enough information, it is possible to solve for T2 without knowing all of the other values.

5. Are there any tips for solving equations with T2?

One helpful tip for solving equations with T2 is to always double check your work and make sure your final answer makes sense. For example, if you are calculating the final temperature of a substance, your answer should be within a reasonable range of temperatures for that substance. It can also be helpful to break the equation into smaller steps and solve for one variable at a time.