Solving for an x^2+y^2=Ae^x Circle Passing Through (0,1)

• Thread starter Phyphy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circle
In summary, the equation for a circle passing through (0,1) is x^2 + y^2 = Ae^x, where A is a constant that determines the size of the circle. To solve for x and y in this equation, the substitution method can be used. The value of Ae^x represents the radius of the circle, with a larger value resulting in a larger circle and a smaller value resulting in a smaller circle. A can also be negative, resulting in a circle passing through (0,-1) and expanding in the negative x direction.
Phyphy
I had x^2+y^2=Ae^x, how can i find out the cirle pass (0,1) and perpendicular to that cirle ? :frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
Phyphy said:
I had x^2+y^2=Ae^x, how can i find out the cirle pass (0,1) and perpendicular to that cirle ? :frown:

Perpendicular to what circle? x2+ y2= Aex is NOT a circle!

sorry, it is curve not circle ? But I foun answer, I do sqare root of y and find y' and let it be a tangent's coeficent, and put it in a of y=ax+b, i found equation of y. :smile: :smile:

Related to Solving for an x^2+y^2=Ae^x Circle Passing Through (0,1)

1. What is the equation for a circle passing through (0,1)?

The equation for a circle passing through (0,1) is x^2 + y^2 = Ae^x, where A is a constant that determines the size of the circle.

2. How do you solve for x and y in the equation x^2 + y^2 = Ae^x?

To solve for x and y, you can use the substitution method. First, substitute y = 0 into the equation to solve for x. Then, substitute x = 0 into the equation to solve for y. This will give you the x and y coordinates of the point where the circle intersects the x and y axes.

3. What is the significance of Ae^x in the equation for a circle passing through (0,1)?

Ae^x represents the radius of the circle passing through (0,1). As x increases, the value of Ae^x also increases, resulting in a larger circle. As x decreases, the value of Ae^x decreases, resulting in a smaller circle.

4. How does changing the value of A affect the circle passing through (0,1)?

The value of A directly affects the size of the circle. A larger value of A will result in a larger circle, while a smaller value of A will result in a smaller circle. When A is equal to 0, the circle will collapse into a single point at (0,1).

5. Can the equation for a circle passing through (0,1) have a negative value for A?

Yes, the value of A can be negative. This will result in a circle that passes through (0,-1) instead of (0,1). The direction of the circle will also be reversed, with the circle expanding in the negative x direction instead of the positive x direction.