Someone me i just dont get it

• Thread starter idontgetit
  • Start date
In summary, when someone says "I just don't get it," it usually means they are struggling to understand something. It is possible that the person may be purposely not trying to understand. As a scientist, you can help by breaking down the concept and using real-life examples to explain it. There are also techniques and strategies such as visual aids and breaking down complex ideas that can aid understanding. If you are the one who doesn't understand, don't be afraid to ask questions and make connections to previous knowledge. Remember that understanding takes time and effort.
idontgetit
Heres my problem..i just don't get it..and I am in AP Phys... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

A greased pig slides down a slide in 1/2 the time it takes for the same pig to slide down the same slide "dry." What is the coefficient of friction of the "dry" pig as a function of (theta). If the angle the slide makes with the horizontal is 27(degrees) what is (Mu)??

Physics news on Phys.org
Apply Newton's 2nd Law on both cases, then use a kinematics formula with time and work it from there.

It's completely understandable to feel confused about a problem in AP Physics. It can be a difficult subject, and it's normal to struggle with certain concepts or problems. However, don't let that discourage you. Keep working at it and seeking help when needed. As for this specific problem, the first step is to understand the given information. A greased pig sliding down a slide in half the time as a dry pig means that the friction force is different in both cases. The coefficient of friction (mu) is a measure of the friction force between two surfaces. In this case, it would be a function of the angle (theta) of the slide. The angle (theta) given in the problem is 27 degrees, and using that, you can calculate the coefficient of friction. Remember to use the correct formula and units for (mu) and (theta). If you're still having trouble, try breaking down the problem into smaller parts and asking for help from your teacher or classmates. Keep practicing and don't get discouraged, you'll get it eventually!

1. What do you mean when you say "I just don't get it"?

When someone says "I just don't get it," it typically means they are having trouble understanding or comprehending something. It could be a concept, idea, or instructions that they are struggling to grasp.

2. Is it possible that the person is purposely not trying to understand?

Yes, it is possible that the person is purposely not trying to understand. This could be due to various reasons such as lack of interest, skepticism, or a deliberate attempt to avoid understanding the topic.

3. How can I help someone who says "I just don't get it"?

As a scientist, you can help by breaking down the concept or idea into simpler terms and using real-life examples to explain it. You can also encourage the person to ask questions and actively participate in the learning process.

4. Are there any techniques or strategies to help someone understand better?

Yes, there are various techniques and strategies to help someone understand better. These include visual aids, hands-on activities, repetition, and breaking down complex ideas into smaller, more manageable parts.

5. What should I do if I am the one who doesn't understand?

If you are the one who doesn't understand, don't be afraid to ask questions and seek clarification. You can also try to connect the new information to something you already know to make it easier to grasp. Remember that understanding takes time and effort, so don't get discouraged if you don't understand something right away.