Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sound wave device

  1. Apr 3, 2006 #1
    Hey guys, what is the name of the device that display sound waves as transverse waves on a screen?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 3, 2006 #2

    Doc Al

    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    Perhaps you're thinking of a microphone connected to an oscilloscope.
  4. Apr 4, 2006 #3


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor

    You may also be refering to a spectrum analyzer. They can display in both the time and frequency domains.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook