Spin networks and quantum computing (curious link-up)

In summary, the conversation touches on the topic of spin networks, which are quantum states of gravity in one approach to it (LQG). The paper in question treats spin networks as quantum computers and discusses some remarkable diagrams and numbers, such as the Catalan numbers. However, it is unclear if anything useful can be drawn from these discussions. The concept of synchronicity is also briefly mentioned in the conversation.
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
this seems strange
spin networks are the quantum states of gravity in one approach to it (LQG)
this paper treats them as quantum computers
I cannot tell if ...I can't tell anything about this. some remarkable diagrams way at the end, and nice numbers like the Catalan numbers

http://arxiv.org/quant-ph/0410105

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
marcus said:
this seems strange
spin networks are the quantum states of gravity in one approach to it (LQG)
this paper treats them as quantum computers
I cannot tell if ...I can't tell anything about this. some remarkable diagrams way at the end, and nice numbers like the Catalan numbers

http://arxiv.org/quant-ph/0410105

It would be good if something could be salvaged from spin-networks. :tongue2:

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm-

synchronicity

http://www.kurzweilai.net/mindx/show_thread.php?rootID=28084

[forgive my psychosis- ]

Last edited:

1. What are spin networks in the context of quantum computing?

Spin networks are a graphical representation of quantum states in a system with multiple particles. They are used to visualize and calculate the quantum interactions between particles, specifically their spin states.

2. How are spin networks used in quantum computing?

Spin networks are used in quantum computing to model and simulate complex quantum systems, as well as to design and analyze quantum algorithms. They can also be used to encode and manipulate quantum information in a quantum computer.

3. What is the connection between spin networks and quantum entanglement?

Spin networks are closely related to the concept of quantum entanglement, where two or more particles become entangled and their states become correlated. Spin networks can be used to represent and analyze the entanglement between particles in a quantum system.

4. Can spin networks be used for quantum error correction?

Yes, spin networks have been proposed as a potential method for quantum error correction. By encoding quantum information into the entangled spin states of particles in a spin network, errors can be detected and corrected using quantum error correction techniques.

5. Are there any real-world applications of spin networks and quantum computing?

While still in the early stages of development, there are many potential real-world applications of spin networks and quantum computing. These include improving drug discovery, optimizing logistics and supply chains, and enhancing cybersecurity. As the technology advances, we can expect to see even more applications in various fields.