Possible webpage title: Exploring the Fascinating World of Star Clusters

In summary, the conversation is about the search for information on star clusters, specifically in regards to their formation, evolution, and types. It is difficult to find organized documents on this topic through Google, so the speaker asks for guidance from someone familiar with the subject. They suggest using Wikipedia and following the references and links within the article for more information."
sketos
Hello,

I would like to know if there is any book or any useful links about star clusters, dealing with the following topics :[ formation, evolution, types (open, globular), etc...]. It is very difficult to find an organized document from google results, so if anyone is familiar with the subject i would appreciate his guidence

Thanks

Astronomy news on Phys.org
sketos said:
Hello,

I would like to know if there is any book or any useful links about star clusters, dealing with the following topics :[ formation, evolution, types (open, globular), etc...]. It is very difficult to find an organized document from google results, so if anyone is familiar with the subject i would appreciate his guidence

Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_cluster

I like to follow references in the article to other places. Also, there is material referenced, and other links. Following all that stuff to wherever it leads you ought to give exactly what you're looking for.

1. What is a star cluster?

A star cluster is a group of stars that are gravitationally bound together and typically formed from the same molecular cloud. They can range in size from a few hundred to several million stars.

2. How are star clusters formed?

Star clusters are formed from the collapse of a molecular cloud of gas and dust. As the cloud collapses, it fragments into smaller pieces that eventually form into stars. These stars then remain gravitationally bound to each other, forming a cluster.

3. What types of star clusters exist?

There are two main types of star clusters: open clusters and globular clusters. Open clusters are young and contain a few hundred to a few thousand stars. Globular clusters are much older and can contain up to a million stars that are densely packed together.

4. How do scientists study star clusters?

Scientists study star clusters through various methods including observing them with telescopes, analyzing their spectra, and using computer simulations. They also study the dynamics and evolution of star clusters to understand their formation and development.

5. What can we learn from studying star clusters?

Studying star clusters can provide insights into the formation and evolution of galaxies, as star clusters are often considered the building blocks of galaxies. They can also help us understand the life cycles of stars and the processes that shape our universe.