What are the assigned questions for Chapter 2 in the Statics textbook?

In summary, the speaker is seeking help for a dilemma regarding their Statics class. They ordered their textbook off of Amazon and it won't arrive until Monday, but the teacher has assigned homework due on Friday. The speaker requests questions 2.5, 2.13, and 2.18 from the "Statics" 10th edition by Beer. They mention that other students may have copies of the textbook and suggest photocopying the questions as the copyright police will not come after them. The rest of the work is left up to the student.
LincolnLamar
Hi all,
I am looking for some help to my delima. I am taking Statics this semester and I ordered my textbook off of amazon to save a few dollars and my book will not be here until Monday at the earliest. The problem is that the teacher has assigned homework due on Friday. The text that we use is "Statics" 10th edition by Beer. What I need are questions 2.5, 2.13, 2.18. I only need the questions; not answers.

Physics news on Phys.org
In most classes here are multiple students. Most of the students will have copies of the text. Most schools have photocopiers. If you copy those three questions, and have already ordered the book, I shouldn't think any copyright police will come after you. The left is rest up to the student.

1. What is Statics?

Statics is a branch of mechanics that deals with the study of objects at rest or in a state of constant motion.

2. What is a "statics textbook question"?

A statics textbook question is a problem or exercise found in a textbook that is used to help students understand the principles and concepts of statics.

3. How can I solve a statics textbook question?

The key to solving a statics textbook question is to first understand the basic principles and equations involved. Then, carefully read and analyze the problem, draw a free-body diagram, and apply the appropriate equations to solve for the unknown variables.

4. Why is it important to study statics?

Studying statics is important because it helps us understand the behavior of objects at rest or in a state of constant motion. This knowledge is essential in fields such as engineering, architecture, and physics, where the stability and equilibrium of objects are crucial.

5. What are some tips for studying statics textbook questions?

Some tips for studying statics textbook questions include practicing regularly, understanding the underlying concepts, and seeking help from a tutor or professor if needed. It is also helpful to work through problems step by step and to check your answers for accuracy.