Stator ring coils model in Multisim or Orcad

In summary: Bump...bump... In summary, to model a six coil stator ring with three phase AC power supply in Multisim or Orcad, you would connect three pairs of inductors together in a wye connection, using resistors and/or capacitors as needed.
StephenD420
Hello everyone

I am trying to simulate a three phase AC powered six coil stator ring using Multisim or Orcad. How would I do this? Would I use regular inductors as the coils or would I use coils with iron and steel rods inside them? Would I just connect each inductor coil pole pair, corresponding coils for each pole connected in series, together in a wye connection using three phase AC power symbolized by Multisim or Orcad? Do I need to use any resistors when connecting the coil pairs together in the wye connection or when I connect each coil of a pole pair in series?

Basically, how do I simulate a three phase AC stator ring with six coils using Multisim or Orcad? Are there any tutorials or anything that would help me in my endeavor?

Thank you guys very much for any help you could give me. I really appreciate it.

Stephen

Engineering news on Phys.org
Bump...bump...

I am trying to model a six coil stator ring using three phase AC power supply in Multisim or Orcad, which from the connection pictures I have seen on the web can be modeled by interconnecting three pairs of inductors, six total where each pair is connected in series, in a wye connection to a three phase power supply. I know how to use Multisim and Orcad for basic RCL circuits using DC and AC power but I am unsure as how to properly model the six coil stator ring. Multisim and Orcad has an option to use a three phase power supply in a wye connection to provide the voltage, however, I am unsure as to what to use to model the six coils, regular inductors or inductors with steel or iron inside them, and if I should connect opposite coils together in series to produce the three pairs of inductors before connecting them into a wye connection and how I would decide how many, if any, resistors and/or capacitors need to go in series or in parallel with the coils.

Any help trying to model a six coil three phase AC powered stator ring in Multisim or Orcad would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Stephen

1. What is a stator ring coil model in Multisim or Orcad?

A stator ring coil model in Multisim or Orcad is a simulated representation of a stator ring coil used in electric motors. It is used to analyze the electrical behavior of the coil and its interactions with other components in the circuit.

2. How is the stator ring coil model created in Multisim or Orcad?

The stator ring coil model is created using a combination of mathematical equations and circuit elements such as resistors, capacitors, and inductors. These elements are connected to mimic the behavior of a real stator ring coil.

3. What are the key parameters of the stator ring coil model in Multisim or Orcad?

The key parameters of the stator ring coil model include its inductance, resistance, and capacitance. These parameters determine the behavior of the coil in different circuits and can be adjusted to simulate different coil designs.

4. Can the stator ring coil model in Multisim or Orcad be used for different types of electric motors?

Yes, the stator ring coil model can be used for different types of electric motors as long as the parameters and equations used accurately represent the behavior of the specific type of stator ring coil being modeled.

5. How accurate is the stator ring coil model in Multisim or Orcad compared to real-life performance?

The accuracy of the stator ring coil model depends on the accuracy of the parameters and equations used. With proper calibration and validation, the model can closely replicate the behavior of a real stator ring coil. However, there may be some discrepancies due to factors such as manufacturing variations and external influences in a real-life setting.