Unique Date Ideas: Get Creative & Have Fun!

In summary, the conversation discusses ideas for a non-traditional date. The expert suggests going to a museum, a go-cart track, or a soup kitchen.
Moonbear said:
If looks are important to her, and she was interested in going on a date with you, that just might mean she DOES think you're good-looking, no matter what you think of yourself. Remember, everyone has different views of what they consider good looking. So, don't just give up based on that...she might have been complimenting you with that answer!
Exactly... Most women don't even give me a second look but there are still a significant number of them that tell me I'm "Hot", not just "good looking" or "cute" but "hot" and it leaves me wondering if they have the right perscription for their glasses.:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
TheStatutoryApe said:
Exactly... Most women don't even give me a second look but there are still a significant number of them that tell me I'm "Hot", not just "good looking" or "cute" but "hot" and it leaves me wondering if they have the right perscription for their glasses.:smile:

Brag brag brag.

KingNothing said:
Well, we never really pre-established whether or not it was a date. I thought it might be, so I planned as such just in case. But, she wore a sweatshirt.
Well, what had you planned to do? Was a sweatshirt appropriate attire? I dress for dates based on what the planned activities are. If we're going out to dinner, I dress up, if we're going to a movie, jeans and a nice shirt will do, if it's something more active or outdoors, jeans and a sweatshirt may seem more appropriate. Since you were looking for strange ideas of things to do, she probably wasn't expecting dinner and a movie.

Moonbear said:
Well, what had you planned to do? Was a sweatshirt appropriate attire? I dress for dates based on what the planned activities are. If we're going out to dinner, I dress up, if we're going to a movie, jeans and a nice shirt will do, if it's something more active or outdoors, jeans and a sweatshirt may seem more appropriate. Since you were looking for strange ideas of things to do, she probably wasn't expecting dinner and a movie.

Indeed, evening gowns and bumper cars, while fun are usually a recipe for disaster.

franznietzsche said:
Indeed, evening gowns and bumper cars, while fun are usually a recipe for disaster.
Now that would have qualified as a strange date...especially if KingNothing was the one who wore the evening gown. :biggrin:

KingNothing said:
Well, we never really pre-established whether or not it was a date. I thought it might be, so I planned as such just in case. But, she wore a sweatshirt.
Try being her friend for a while. Don't be pushy, and do be available for her to talk to for ANY reason. Friends are very nice to have, and even if it doesn't blossom into something more, you can enjoy her company, and if she thinks you're a "nice guy", she will introduce you to her friends - believe me, females know when their female friends are looking for "something more" WAY before the soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend ever gets a clue.

Good luck.

KingNothing said:
Brag brag brag.
Not bragging. Just saying that you could easily find there are women out there who want to pounce on you and you just don't realize it.
Women tend to have very different ideas of what is and is not attractive. Haven't you ever seen a drop dead gorgeous woman who was dating a guy that looked like something the cat dragged in?
Also women love men with confidence. If you act insecure because you think she isn't going to find you attractive it's possible that she will not find you attractive because you are insecure instead of what ever reason you are imagining.

You guys have opened my eyes. You know why I'm really happy right now? I just realized something great. I don't understand women very well at all! This is awesome! This means that all the times I think a girl won't go for me, I could be wrong! I love being wrong!

on a more serious note, I agree with you turbo. That's what I'm doing for now. I'll make a few moves and if nothing happens, it's still fun just hanging out.

TSA - oh, yeah I see what you meant now. That's what I'm hoping for...and I agree with you that that's the strange way it is, I just hope I can realize it. Damn women with their damn hints...just come out and say it if you like us! (nude pics by e-mail are a great way to do this)

And what's this about me wearing an evening gown? I should have known you monkeys would get outta hand eventually:P

Moonbear said:
Now that would have qualified as a strange date...especially if KingNothing was the one who wore the evening gown. :biggrin:

That would not have been a recipe for disaster. Quite the contrary it would have been a recipe for hot steamy romance. Zap Brannigan style. A very sensuous style it is too. Oh yeah. :approve:

Thanks for all the good ideas guys. I feel so pathetic when it comes to dating. Which I find incredibly aggrevating since I'm normally pretty good around girls and I'm not shy or anything. I guess I just thought that the only hard part was asking the girl out and that after that things would get easier. No such luck. I think I'll see if she'd like to go to the Mall of America for Cold Stone or something. Anyway, thanks for all the advice I mooched in on, and if you have any more I'd be really appreciative.

Yeah, so I sort of barged in on this thread but it looks like it got dropped a year ago anyway. KingNothing, I hope you and your girlfriend are having a good time if in fact things did work out for the two of you.