Strangest hypothetical objects in space?

In summary: Regarding quark stars, I've read somewhere that they are supposed to have more density than neutron stars. I wonder what the densest form of matter is? Maybe quark-gluon plasma...Thanks for the suggestions!
Nerophysics
Hi

What strange hypothetical objects in space do you know of? Example: Magnetar, pulsar, black hole.

As I am currently writing a sci fi book for children,
I am trying to probe the universe of your mind in search of extraterrestrial objects.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
fresh_42 said:
Einstein-Rosen bridges

I actually have a wormhole as a character in the book!

tionis said:
Do you have cosmic strings?

Yes, I actually do have cosmic strings!

Tannhauser Gate. Sorry.

Likes Bandersnatch
tionis said:
Do you also have a Thorne–Żytkow object?
I don't have that object. But maybe i will have one now!

I only wished the object had a cooler name

Any more suggestions?

Thanks

Noisy Rhysling said:
Tannhauser Gate.Sorry.

Why sorry?

If you'd like more science fiction than science, Dyson spheres are a popular topic.
Nerophysics said:
I am trying to probe the universe of your mind in search of extraterrestrial objects.
Can you clarify this? It might help with suggestions.

Dark matter.
Dark energy.
Quantum foam.
Multiverse.
Branes.
Dust.
Vacuum.
Photon pressure.
Colliding galaxies.
Colliding black holes.
Hawking radiation.
Extra dimensions.
Goldilock planets.
Water, lots of.
Frozen oceans.
Superclusters.
The great wall.
Strange attractors.
CMB
Alien life?

Likes Nerophysics
tobactrac said:
If you'd like more science fiction than science, Dyson spheres are a popular topic.

Can you clarify this? It might help with suggestions.
Yes,

There are objects that are considered real like neutron stars and black holes, and objects that stem from Sci-Fi books (the death star or a Dyson sphere). I intended to group these subjects together into one category. So any suggestion, basically, is valid.

EnumaElish said:
Dark matter.
Dark energy.
Quantum foam.
Multiverse.
Branes.
Dust.
Vacuum.
Photon pressure.
Colliding galaxies.
Colliding black holes.
Hawking radiation.
Extra dimensions.
Goldilock planets.
Water, lots of.
Frozen oceans.
Superclusters.
The great wall.
Strange attractors.
CMB
Alien life?
Great suggestions! Thank you!

I do have almost all - except branes, extra dimensions, strange attractors, CMB, photon pressure (which I think is a force, not a object). I do have some elements of string theory (multiverse and strings), but I don't know what do to with the extra dimensions - those tiny curled up dimensions, I mean. I need to think deeply about this.
Oh, I had never heard about strange attractors. However, I don't know if they exist in the universe. Do you? I saw a picture of one. It was absolutely beautiful.

If you have more suggestions, more objects, please share them!

Thank you

Well since this is sci-fi there are tachyons. which almost certainly are fiction,
and there are quark stars, which just possibly might exist.

Likes Nerophysics
fresh_42 said:
And not to forget chemistry
Heh heh, I liked this one.

Bureaucratium is an element which has a negative half life, becoming more larger, massive and sluggish as time goes by.

Nerophysics said:
Great suggestions! Thank you!

I do have almost all - except branes, extra dimensions, strange attractors, CMB, photon pressure (which I think is a force, not a object). I do have some elements of string theory (multiverse and strings), but I don't know what do to with the extra dimensions - those tiny curled up dimensions, I mean. I need to think deeply about this.
Oh, I had never heard about strange attractors. However, I don't know if they exist in the universe. Do you? I saw a picture of one. It was absolutely beautiful.

If you have more suggestions, more objects, please share them!

Thank you
When I wrote strange I meant great. As for object vs. force, here's a riddle:

Photons move at c
which means they're massless, see.
Yet they have a push, I hear --
But with no mass, how can they bear?

rootone said:
Well since this is sci-fi there are tachyons. which almost certainly are fiction,
and there are quark stars, which just possibly might exist.
Exactly, tychions are vital to me at this point

Regarding quark stars, I've read somewhere that they are supposed to have more density than neutron stars. I wonder what the densest form of matter is? Maybe quark-gluon plasma...

EnumaElish said:
When I wrote strange I meant great. As for object vs. force, here's a riddle:

Photons move at c
which means they're massless, see.
Yet they have a push, I hear --
But with no mass, how can they bear?
I will use the Great Attractor for something mysterious, where something is hidden...

Nerophysics said:
Exactly, tychions are vital to me at this point
Is this a Freudian slip, a mistake or an homage to pilot Ion Tyche (Stanislaw Lem)?

fresh_42 said:
Is this a Freudian slip, a mistake or an homage to pilot Ion Tyche (Stanislaw Lem)?
Or just Tycho Brahe were no post has gone before?

fresh_42 said:
I am writing a science fiction book for children, and not everything has to be based on things that has been done before. If you use your imagination, you could find some new ways of introducing tachyons in a children's book. I can't tell you what I will do with them, unfortunately, because the idea is unique as far as I know.

I think it is found

A Kugelblitz

It's a pity that you haven't asked for the strangest mathematical thing. That would definitely be "The Axiom" as I like to call the axiom of choice.

Have you included anti-matter?

Exotic matter having negative mass and negative density,
The more of it there is, the less effect it has on anything else.

fresh_42 said:
It's a pity that you haven't asked for the strangest mathematical thing. That would definitely be "The Axiom" as I like to call the axiom of choice.

No, but I will have fractals :)
Parixit said:
Have you included anti-matter?
Yes, anti-matter is quite important to my story. I will have a creature made of anti-matter, plus a entire universe.
[
rootone said:
Exotic matter having negative mass and negative density,
The more of it there is, the less effect it has on anything else.

Well, if, and only if, quark-gluon plasma truly is exotic matter, or have some exotic matter in it, as have been suggested as a type of exotic matter, then yes, I will have exotic matter. Indirectly.
But the true answer is no, I guess, because I will never explain it.

A Kugelblitz still runs the show.

Related to Strangest hypothetical objects in space?

1. What exactly are "strangest hypothetical objects in space?"

"Strangest hypothetical objects in space" refers to theoretical objects that have been proposed by scientists but have not yet been observed or proven to exist. These objects often challenge our understanding of the universe and push the boundaries of what we know about space.

2. What are some examples of "strangest hypothetical objects in space?"

Some examples of "strangest hypothetical objects in space" include black holes, dark matter, wormholes, and cosmic strings. These objects have been proposed by scientists based on mathematical models and theories, but have not yet been directly observed.

3. How do scientists study "strangest hypothetical objects in space?"

Scientists study "strangest hypothetical objects in space" through various methods, such as observing their effects on surrounding objects, analyzing data from telescopes and other instruments, and conducting simulations and experiments. However, since these objects are highly theoretical and often difficult to observe, their study is still ongoing and constantly evolving.

4. Why are "strangest hypothetical objects in space" important to study?

Studying "strangest hypothetical objects in space" allows scientists to expand our understanding of the universe and potentially uncover new laws and principles that govern it. These objects also provide insights into the behavior of matter and energy in extreme conditions, which can have implications for fields such as astrophysics and cosmology.

5. Will we ever be able to confirm the existence of "strangest hypothetical objects in space?"

It is possible that we may one day confirm the existence of some "strangest hypothetical objects in space," but it is also possible that some of these objects may remain purely theoretical. As our technology and understanding of the universe continue to advance, we may be able to make new discoveries and confirm the existence of these objects. However, it is also important to keep in mind that science is an ongoing process and our understanding of the universe is constantly evolving.