String theorists, will the LHC see SUSY and if not, will this be a huge blow?

In summary: Champagne of your choice that ILC will still be built :biggrin:In summary, there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding the potential outcomes of the LHC, with some experts predicting a good chance of discovering supersymmetry and others being more skeptical. However, even if the LHC does not find evidence for supersymmetry, there are still other possibilities such as extra dimensions or universal extra dimensions that could provide evidence for string theory. Additionally, there are other areas of research, such as non-perturbative QCD and dark matter detection, that could still provide insights into high energy theory. Overall, the discovery (or lack thereof) at the LHC will have significant implications for the future of high energy physics

string theorists, will the LHC see SUSY and if not, will this be a huge blow?

• I'm a string theorist, the LHC will not see SUSY but string theory research should continue on

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm talking about the type of people who decided to fund a manned mission to Mars for no apparent reason whatsoever other than essentially technological welfare and pie in the sky wishful thinking. I guess that's as good a reason as any, and better than most, but yea that type of mentality fortunately still exists in some sectors of politics (in the US and even in the rest of the world).

Fair enough---I really hope you're right. Nothing would be better for science in the US than an multi-national, multi-billion dollar high energy science lab. I really hope to see ILC data before I die.