Study says Women are germier than men

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I was thinking the reason that women may have germier desks is because of all the guys hanging around, and if the guys would just go back to their desks and actually work, then guys' desks would be germier.
:rofl: I was going to suggest it might be all the guys who sit on the women's desks when they're visiting/flirting.

See, it's better to have mounds of papers burying your desk...they protect it from all the germs. :biggrin:

Lastly, yes, it's a good question that wasn't addressed in the article...what kind of bacteria? Are we talking infectious diseases here, or ordinary bacteria that will cause no harm? Keep in mind that the study was funded by Clorox, so is unlikely to want to reveal to you that they were all harmless bacteria and you really don't need to spend money disinfecting your desk with bleach.
Damn Moonbear you beat me to it! We actually talked about this article in my micro class today....and the prof brought up all of those points.

turbo
Gold Member
:rofl: I was going to suggest it might be all the guys who sit on the women's desks when they're visiting/flirting.
And then there's the drool factor.... :rofl:

According to the study by University of Arizona professor Charles Gerba:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17158542/

"Women have three to four times the number of bacteria in, on and around their desks, phones, computers, keyboards, drawers and personal items as men do."
I think the author of that study must be gay!
Or simply hates women...:yuck:
Guy who has ever happen to kiss & lick woman's most intimate parts would have never undertake and publish such kind of a study.:wink:

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I think the author of that study must be gay!
Or simply hates women...:yuck:
Guy who has ever happen to kiss & lick woman's most intimate parts would have never undertake and publish such kind of a study.:wink:
Unless he caught chlamydia :smile:

radou
Homework Helper
:rofl: There could be something to it. He must be very angry.

verty
Homework Helper
Are you guys supporting diluting the truth for pragmatic reasons? That sounds rather odious.

radou
Homework Helper
Are you guys supporting diluting the truth for pragmatic reasons? That sounds rather odious.
What? :confused:

I'm certain that study must be biased and fixed !
:smile:

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
:rofl: There could be something to it. He must be very angry.
Or he never got over his fear of cooties. :rofl: